Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Current Affairs and Environmental Issues > Environmental Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
Hobbitling
spring fever

yeah, I kind of agree. I can't really see how this is Adirondack related.

What we should really be worried about is whether the reptilian aliens that have replaced most of our world leaders will use the Adirondack Loj as their global headquarters when they establish the New World Order and begin processing humans as a food source.
Naaah! That's crazy! Obviously they'd use Warrensburg. It's right off the highway!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #22
TCD

I think they are here already - I saw several of them in Walmart, not very well disguised!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #23
Rusty and the Maniac

Race card? He made racist statements! It's not a "card" when it's calling out an unacceptable statement. Whatever, this seems like it's a big troll, but i always fall for those.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #24
hookman33

I agree with Rusty.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Hobbit View Post

What we should really be worried about is whether the reptilian aliens that have replaced most of our world leaders will use the Adirondack Loj as their global headquarters when they establish the New World Order and begin processing humans as a food source.
Naaah! That's crazy! Obviously they'd use Warrensburg. It's right off the highway!
Humorous, but according to the TV show "unsealed alien files" the crop circle phenomena has finally been deciphered and found to be a warning from aliens telling us that the damage we have been inflicting on our own planet will eventually lead us to our own demise." Sounds as incredible as your scenario doesn't it? Or does it?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #26
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Hobbit View Post
If the powers that be decide against it, I hope consideration will be given to moving it to 'by the fireside'.

In the meantime, I thought I was pretty much up to date on the crop circle phenomenon. Can somebody point me to some reliable sources for the latest? Thanks!

"Pushing the limits of easy."™
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomscooter View Post
If the powers that be decide against it, I hope consideration will be given to moving it to 'by the fireside'.

In the meantime, I thought I was pretty much up to date on the crop circle phenomenon. Can somebody point me to some reliable sources for the latest? Thanks!
Hoo, boy. This was thoroughly debunked as a curious UK pastime and obscure art form while I lived over there more than 10 years ago. Go to the BBC website and search. You will find references. Note that the art has gotten better with time.

It's amazing what TV shows will resurect as intesting. That's why I gave up watching it altogether. There'es too much else to do in life.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #28
Hobbitling
spring fever

Actually my previous post was a bit unfair, because catastrophic inflation is something that has actually happened, to many countries, throughout the course of history. And it's pretty awful when it does happen. There's no reason our country should be considered immune from economic and social unrest. Whether those hard times take the form of inflation, deflation, severe recession or depression, or even just long-term unemployment, doesn't really matter. In fact, it could easily be argued that for the many, many people who are out of a job right now, or have lost their homes, this is already an economic catastrophe, and has been one since around 2008.

But if there is a severe economic disaster, I don't really expect is a wave of survivalists descending on the Adirondacks, except for a few hermits here and there. Tent cities and shanty towns around major cities seems much more likely to me. In fact, I'd wager you'd see lots of people leaving rural areas and moving to cities to look for jobs.

Never hurts to be prepared for the hard times, as long as you don't end up missing out on the good times. I've seen some good people get pretty obsessed with "prepping", and it can be ugly to watch.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #29
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtflyfish View Post

It's amazing what TV shows will resurect as intesting. That's why I gave up watching it altogether. There'es too much else to do in life.
I agree, the internet is much more fun!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I agree, the internet is much more fun!
You don't even need to leave the ADKForum!!

"Pushing the limits of easy."™
Old 04-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #31
Justin

Quote:
As long as we don't have another "Adirondack Forum" collapse, everything will be just fine!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #32
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
As long as we don't have another "Adirondack Forum" collapse, everything will be just fine!
Good philosophy.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #33
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 AM   #34
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

"Collapse of US DOllar

The real problems of government largess, money printing, artificial interest rates, asset bubbles and debt have not been addressed at all. Rather, Washington has merely agreed to perpetually extend its lines of credit and to have the central bank purchase most of that new debt.

Instead of placating the fears of our foreign creditors we have cemented into their minds that the U.S. dollar and bond market cannot be safe repositories of their savings. The eventual and inevitable loss of that confidence will ensure nothing less than surging prices and a complete collapse of our economy. "

I've made my point, asked for comment, received a myriad of responses, appreciate all who participated and now it's time to move on. Anyone seen any sign of aliens in the park?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:38 AM   #35
Neil
Kayak-46

Totally missed this thread until now (asleep at the switch I guess). Not only is it in the wrong sub-forum it's in the wrong forum altogether.

The good news is that we'll all be getting out hiking, bushwhacking, bird watching, fishing, paddling and what-not real soon.

These discussions can be interesting and informative for the first 10 posts but then they usually develop a bad smell that permeates by diffusion the rest of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
4) There are several topics that are not allowed under any circumstances and any post containing them will be deleted immediately and the user subject to “loss of privileges”. THIS INCLUDES AVATARS, IMAGES AND SIGNATURES with images or text containing these topics. Members witnessing such, are encouraged to report violations without delay.
  • Politics - National and World politics are not topics for discussion in this forum, period. The only political discussion allowed is on topics as they relate directly to the management and use of the Adirondack park (i.e. DEC issues, new regulations, etc.).
  • Religious - Organized religious discussion is also not allowed. Individual NON-SPECIFIC discussion of spirituality is fine as long as it is not overtly religious or faith-specific.
  • Sex - Any sexually explicit discussion is strictly forbidden.