Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
hike53

2017 Paddlefest

Mountainman Outdoor Supply is doing their annual Paddlefest May 6 & 7 at the Saratoga Fish Creek location and May 20 &21 at the Old Forge location
hike53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Wldrns

Be prepared to pay a gate entry fee ($5.00?), at least in Old Forge. That started when Paddlefest moved from the Inlet location to OF several years ago. Previously it was free to walk around and speak to vendors. Also, participating vendors pay a fee to MM to sell their goods.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
hike53

Everybody gets a "fee" these days, Its a fun day small price to pay.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Rich Lockwood

in the past there was a big discount for buying there. I ordered a swift canoe and bending branches paddle from there
turtle
Rich Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
hike53

There are always good deals at Paddlefest. And the opportunity to "pick" the brains of the Reps is worth $5.00. FYI the one in Saratoga doesn't charge and someone told me that the fee up in Old Forge had something to do with parking .
Old 03-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Wldrns

There is plenty of free parking space all over Old Forge. Counter to my tastes, the OF PF tends to be geared to run too much more toward the 20-something kayaking crowd than canoeing, and some canoe vendors who you might expect to be there have stopped coming. I guess that is where the money is these days. So even though I live relatively nearby, I have little interest in going there anymore.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
ADKJoe

The Cost of Fun

My wife and I went last year to PF in Old Forge and had a really fun time just wandering. We brought our canoe and paddled from OF Pond to First Lake and back. It was a nice day to be out. We plan on returning this year for the day as well. Will visit PF and then paddle Inlet to 5th lake and then head over to Moss.

Joe
Old 03-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
Grandpa Paddler
Old Goat

Been going since the Inlet days. Some years I don't buy anything, trinkets some years and other years $$$ (canoes, paddles, PFD's, dry bags etc). It's worth the price to pick Charlie Wilson's brain and test paddle boats just to try them out. Have met some notable people, too.

Since I retired my wife goes with me. And since she discovered SUP's, our teenage granddaughter comes along (and my son). We have a lot of fun goofing off, eating out, and window shopping.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #9
hike53

Old Forge Mountainman Paddlefest

Hey all, next weekend is Mountainman Paddlefest in Old Forge. Just to clarify earlier postings. There is NO entry fee. The only fee that you might pay is a $20 Test paddle fee, that is then deducted from a Canoe, Kayak or SUP purchase. Thanks
Old 05-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #10
Wldrns

Well that's a change. Ever since they moved to Old Forge from Inlet there has been a $5 fee to enter the vendor display area, plus a separate fee to test paddle any of the boats.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:07 PM   #11
ADKJoe

Paddlefest

My wife and I did make it to Paddlefest in Old Forge this year. The weather was spectacular. We did test paddle, we bought our son a new kayak (Perception Prodigy 12). We also did a short paddle between 4th & 5th lake, had some beer and wings at the Screaming Eagle in Inlet as well. Long but fun day for us!

Last edited by ADKJoe; 05-31-2017 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: mistake
ADKJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun weekend