Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 07:13 AM   #21
Judgeh
Member
 
Judgeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildernessphoto
LOL!!
Here's what I sound like at night in the Sewards...Gary in the Sewards
Those who will be in there this weekend may hear me!
ANNOUNCEMENT

Ward Brook is hereby added to the "ADK Unsafe Trail" List
Judgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:16 AM   #22
B0ATGUY47
"Having the time of our lives"
 
B0ATGUY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND , NY
Posts: 23
Here is another ADK siting


YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 25-30

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request


TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
Very clear night, stars in the sky.
It was chilly
And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation
__________________
B0ATGUY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:26 AM   #23
Wildernessphoto
Member
 
Wildernessphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gary at Low's lake/Bog river flow
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0ATGUY47
Here is another ADK siting


YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 25-30

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request


TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
Very clear night, stars in the sky.
It was chilly
And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation
this siting is less than a mile from my property in Caroga...Spotted again...
__________________
The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!
Wildernessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #24
AdkWiley
Member
 
AdkWiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saranac Ny
Posts: 331
The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot!
__________________
"It's not where your from, it's where your at."
AdkWiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #25
Judgeh
Member
 
Judgeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,291
Odd that in all these years (even centuries?) of "incidents" our hunting buddies have not even winged one.

Seems to me that either they are forever

or we are .

We can add common sense to this thread only by

else we will hurt ourselves

and end up looking like Neil .
Judgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #26
Skyclimber
SAFE CLIMBING
 
Skyclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdkWiley
The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot!

I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?

Did you have too much to drink and having hallucinations?

Even with soft needles and leaves, I'm sure there would had been some sort of sign. Even a stirred up leaf or something.

Maybe it was a Cow Moose who has No Antlers.
__________________
"It is easier to become a Forty-Sixer than to be one. The art of the being is to keep one's sense of wonder after the excitement of the game is over."

Paul Jamieson Class of '58
Skyclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #27
Qtip
Member
 
Qtip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: central NY
Posts: 69
Beam me up Scotty!!!!!!
Qtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #28
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon
 
redhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In My Memories
Posts: 10,932
I've never had a sasquatch encounter but I would urge people to not be so skeptical about some things.

I had a "situation" out in Colorado that stood my hair on end and had me trotting down a highway at night, looking over my shoulder. The next day there was an intensive investigation based on an event which was not initiated by me. To this day it is unexplained along with other identical events.

Those who know me know that I'm not afraid of anything, that I have "sixth" sense and that I'm not prone to hallucinations or overly-imaginative.

I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.

So, don't be too quick to judge. Most people are not trained observers, and see things differently and act irrationally when startled. Not to say that this was a sasquatch, but also saying not neccesarily a nut case either.
__________________
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #29
Skyclimber
SAFE CLIMBING
 
Skyclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.
.
Redhawk, will you PM or Email me your story? I would like to read it.

Boatguy, I apologize for my remarks. I usually am not that sarcastic!
__________________
"It is easier to become a Forty-Sixer than to be one. The art of the being is to keep one's sense of wonder after the excitement of the game is over."

Paul Jamieson Class of '58
Skyclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #30
scooch
Member
 
scooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42
You can get to my grandfathers camp from the old snomobile trail that you are talking about...his camp is on lake oseetah. With regard to your unususal experience, I can't say with any confidence that what you saw was a big foot or the like, however I can relay an equally upsetting experience that occurred in the late seventies. Just before driving out of saranac lake on the sara-placid road (casa del sol, ames plaza, grand union) there is a left hand turn that will take you into the woods that near that old sno mobile trail. (tara drive) before it was developed. It was thick woods.
i lived up there and was walking home late at night from a babysitting job, and could hear something walking with me in the woods, right behind the tree line.....I had a friend who was with me and we kept stopping to listen, but it would also stop....this happened for close to 1/2 a mile. We were afraid to run, adraid to walk, afraid to talk...and didn't...and there was no need for clarification as she and I heard it every time at the same exact time and just kept looking at each other....and we just kept praying for that street light at the end of the dirt road we were on to get closer. When we got within about 50 yards of the street light we both started running like crazy and at about 10 yards past the street light (on tara drive) turned just in time to see something come out of the woods and cross the road. it did not look like a bear or anything else that i had ever seen, but i am quite sure that it was not a bear, and that it was actually an animal when it finally presented itself is what was the most amazing thing to me...as it clearly followed us and knew to be quiet when we were.

and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!!
scooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #31
Wildernessphoto
Member
 
Wildernessphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gary at Low's lake/Bog river flow
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooch
and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!!
(sigh)
I HATE it when I have to be nice...

__________________
The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!
Wildernessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #32
percious
Transplanted
 
percious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Arvada, CO Avatar: The Scenic Trail
Posts: 734
funnest thread in a while award.

Sasquach? I'm a believer!

-percious
__________________
http://www.percious.com
percious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #33
Robony
Member
 
Robony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Amsterdam,NY
Posts: 119
ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

From: adkhunter.com

Last edited by Robony; 05-31-2006 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: to add
Robony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #34
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon
 
redhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In My Memories
Posts: 10,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robony
ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

From: adkhunter.com
What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?
__________________
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #35
Kevin
**BANNED**
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Sand Lake, NY
Posts: 5,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclimber2971w
I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?
They were probably smoking pot and don't (for good reasons) want to admit it. Most potheads drive on backroads to light up. Not that I've ever done that in my former life.

Redhawk, based on the descriptions (7 feet tall, black) it could be Shaq hiding from the media.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:32 PM   #36
scooch
Member
 
scooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42
too funny.........................lol rofl
scooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #37
scooch
Member
 
scooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42
Redhawk....i would like to read your story also.......thanks
scooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #38
Boreal Chickadee
Member
 
Boreal Chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,648
Scooch-as in Skychiefs Scooch????? Now there's a bigfoot!
__________________
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Boreal Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #39
Robony
Member
 
Robony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Amsterdam,NY
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?
Nah, He'd be too hard to tatoo
Robony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #40
swizzlenutz
Professional Bottle Digger
 
swizzlenutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tribes Hill
Posts: 214
I would love to read your story Redhawk. I love to read bigfoot stories. True or not its always nice to believe in something. I don't believe that every town in the world who has reported a yeti, sasquatch, abonamble snowman, wild man, mountain walker or other local name has one. I do believe there are a lot of things out there that will never be explained. I would personally love to witness a bigfoot myself or see actual real proof that such a creature exist. I don't believe that we have seen every single square inch of this planet and think there is actually room for something like this to exist. I've grown up hearing stories of a mountain walker being hit by a car and one being captured only to escape in the middle of the night. Granted alcohol, pot and chewing on the local shrubbery is bound to debunk a lot of stories, but why can't such a creature exist. We are all the time discovering new species. I know there are sceptics everywhere and everyone has to be sceptical of something. Maybe I'm chasing a mythical creature. The missing link or a drugged moose acting strange because he likes the tender new mushrooms he just found, but hey I think its fun to believe in such a wonderful creature. A left over from the age of neaderthals. I've never seen tracks or found strange hairs or seen 7 foot tall ape like creatures but I believe they are there. If not in our town then the next. If not our state then another. But I do believe that something is out there. Its just smarter then your average bigfoot hunter. Call me crazy, an alcoholic or a pothead if you will but I truely believe in the folklore of the land. Jason
swizzlenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DISCLAIMER: Use of these forums, and information found herein, is at your own risk. Use of this site by members and non-members alike is only granted by the adkhighpeak.com administration provided the terms and conditions found in the FULL DISCLAIMER have been read. Continued use of this site implies that you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this site. Any questions can be directed to the Administrator of this site.