Indian/Horn Lake Trail, WCLW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian/Horn Lake Trail, WCLW

Heading out for two nights next weekend with my wife.

Any wisdom or recent trail information for the Indian/Horn Lake Trail in West Canada Lakes Wilderness?

Finding a recent report has been challenging.

Thanks in advance!

#soborules

What access are you trying for? From the south via North Lake, or from the north via Moose River Plains?
    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Moose River Plains.

Originally posted by Wldrns View Post
      What access are you trying for? From the south via North Lake, or from the north via Moose River Plains?

Comment

I haven’t been there since they closed the road near Squaw Lake but crossing the Indian River proved to be more difficult than expected, and portions of the old road were filling in with brush & was pretty thick in spots. I would imagine it’s probably worse now.

Comment

I've been in there a few times, mostly from North Lake. A bit of a bushwhack navigation exercise in places, but a fun way to go, IMO. I carried a Hornbeck in there and all the way through to Limekiln (and considerably beyond) a few years ago. Loved it.
          "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

I hiked in from North Lake in June. There are trails back there but can be hard to follow, definitely plan on bushwacking for stretches, but it's doable with map and compass and a little help from a GPS friend if needed. Washout at North Lake adds 3/4 of a mile or so.

Not sure about the approach from Indian Lake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X