No announcement yet.

trails closed, sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got kind of nervous, because I thought it was going to say it was closed closed and I had been talking with my kids about going back there again this winter.

I thought it was already closed for camping for non-SUNY affiliates, and that the public could only hike on the property?

Comment

Originally posted by webby459 View Post
      I got kind of nervous, because I thought it was going to say it was closed closed and I had been talking with my kids about going back there again this winter.

I thought it was already closed for camping for non-SUNY affiliates, and that the public could only hike on the property?
      It is closed-closed to the public. SUNY Albany alumni could always camp, but not other SUNY alumni. Everyone could hike, public included, but now the public is being shut out and only SUNY Albany alumni can use the property.

Comment

I think there's just 2-3 caretakers on the property, I'd guess the move is because they probably have all they can do to keep up with the work required from the SUNY Albany guests, and basically any additional work is probably too much. It's definitely not a huge agency or anything, even a lot of the back end reservation work is done by work study students.

Comment

Working...
        X