Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > GPS Navigation, Maps, and Orienteering
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Justin
Moving along

Maps that show small private land in-holdings

Years ago I saw an online map source that when zoomed in enough it showed the small private land in-holdings in the Adirondacks that are too small to show up on other maps like the National Geographic maps or the ADK maps, but I can't seem to find it again anywhere.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, and can help me out?

The maps were in black & white (shades of gray), with grid lines that ran southwest to northeast (I think), and the small private inholdings were indicated by little dark-gray boxes.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
adkh20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Years ago I saw an online map source that when zoomed in enough it showed the small private land in-holdings in the Adirondacks that are too small to show up on other maps like the National Geographic maps or the ADK maps, but I can't seem to find it again anywhere.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, and can help me out?

The maps were in black & white (shades of gray), with grid lines that ran southwest to northeast (I think), and the small private inholdings were indicated by little dark-gray boxes.
Not sure if this is the site you are thinking of, but it shows private land in gray:

http://adirondack-park.net/topo/
adkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkh20 View Post
Not sure if this is the site you are thinking of, but it shows private land in gray:

http://adirondack-park.net/topo/
It's not, but thank you very much for the link.

Still looking to zoom in a little closer and have the smaller Private Land in-holdings indicated.
I'm talking about property that is as small as, say 1500 feet x 1500 feet or similar or less, and is surrounded by state land.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
Seeker

this isn't your 'answer', but the Adirondack Paddler's Map, for the area it covers, shows state and private lands on a 1:50k scale map. a 1500' x 1500' would definitely show up on it.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
chairrock
Indian Mt.Club

I tried Hamilton county and zoomed in...wowo

http://www.orps.state.ny.us/ref/asmtdata/index.htm

some counties charge...some don't.

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23
chairrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Justin
Moving along

Thank you Chairrock!

That's a much more advanced website than the one I remember, but I did find what I was looking for.
Thanks again.