Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM   #21
Bluefire
Pond hopper

Mike, we definitely saw signs of your last visit. Some of the rocks looked exactly like your photos. I agree that it would be wisest to wait for more water before another visit. This year we have been working on upstream adventures. Thinking of getting back to pond hopping with the low water levels and drier trails. Next adventure has not been picked yet. Jamie and I usually discuss and decide while paddling around the Grafton ponds. John
Bluefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:36 AM   #22
Zeebo

Hi all who are familiar with this area.
I visited Sand Lake last May with my 5 year old for two nights and we had a great time. We used the campsite right at the end of the Sand Lake trail, which was ok. I am looking to go to Clockmill this year, wondering about campsites on the lake there. CNY says there is a site where the trail meets the pond, are there others on the pond we could paddle or hike to that anyone knows of?
Thanks

Last edited by Zeebo; 02-28-2018 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Zeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:52 AM   #23
RichieC

Found two sites on our trip, there may be more. I think “D” is the better one, in fact quite nice. It has a very nice rock outcropping where you get out into an unobstructed 300 degree beautiful view. Fire pit is out there as well, making for an attractive evening. Hope the link below works. “B”is the approximate location of the second site. The water was a lot lower than the satellite views. Neither site had seen much use.

https://mapper.acme.com/?ll=43.34075...8996%2Cunnamed

September 15, 2015

Farther south along Piseco Road on way out, we came in from north, Route 8, I see on map it’s called Bray House Falls, East Canada Creek.... it’s worth the stop....

Last edited by RichieC; 03-03-2018 at 03:04 PM..
RichieC is offline   Reply With Quote