Botheration Pond - 12/28/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botheration Pond - 12/28/12

I skied with my wife Leesa today from the Old Farm Road trailhead near 13th Lake counterclockwise to Botheration Pond and back. Someone had broken the trail partway in yesterday. We broke the trail the rest of the way to the pond. We didn't complete the loop since we hadn't been here before and we didn't know how long it would take.

We got back to the kiosk and saw that someone had skied in from the clockwise direction. We followed the tracks in as far as the Balm of Gilead Mountain trailhead before returning.

The snow was good. There was probably 12-14" on the ground. 5 cars were in the lot when we came out, so perhaps other trails are getting broken in.

I plan to be back at the Old Farm Road trailhead tomorrow morning to ski to the 11th mountain trailhead on Route 8 with Alpine1 and GF.

Here's the link to pics and the full trip report:

Here is a map showing my route from today:
    User created map: 20121228 Botheration Pond, ID 5M2R, on CalTopo. Backcountry or your backyard; research, plan, share, and take maps with you on your mobile device. View real time data, choose layers that suit your needs, print maps, record tracks and more.
    Last edited by Telemarkmike; 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM.
    Offonadventure.com

That's a great loop. I enjoyed it last year from both directions. Can't wait to get up there this year. Also, thanks for the caltopo recommendation. Looks like a very good mapping site.

Comment

@stevesam

I agree. This is a great xc ski spot. 5 more inches of snow there today
      Offonadventure.com

Comment

Working...
      X