Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob - Great spot, but conditions are getting tricky for sure!
    Offonadventure.com

Comment

Any snow anywhere? I just came across some Hok skis that I am itching to try out. I would be up to driving 3 hrs in any direction from Plattsburgh for some good snow conditions that wouldn't ruin my bases.

Comment

Tucks

Someone posted pics on my facebook from Tuckerman's last Thursday. It looked real nice...
        High Peaks: 14/46
        NPT 2011

Comment

New Season!

After the brief brush with winter back in October, we had a wonderful Indian Summer (60 and sunny, rock climbing in T shirts yesterday).

Now it looks like winter is here in earnest. 31 and snowing here in Keene at 1800'; about 4" on the deck railing, more coming today and tonight. Should be a little warmer and sloppy at the end of the week, so this may get us a good start on a base.

Comment

Well now I have about 10" of beautiful powder here. Skied at Van Ho today - 12"-14" of fresh, trails groomed, like mid-winter. Sweet.

Comment

Last I heard there was 16" and counting in the Taconics...enough for some BC skiing on the lower angle stuff!! Hope it holds until the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
                Last I heard there was 16" and counting in the Taconics...enough for some BC skiing on the lower angle stuff!! Hope it holds until the weekend.
                Probably even more in places - I think they had Petersburg with 24" on the news and several other reports around 18-20" range over that way.

Comment

This map might give you a rough idea how places made out..
                  Enjoy the powder, unfortunately there's no base and warm ground and esp. rocks underneath melting through the snow (like hot knife through butter).
                  Feverishly avoiding "a steady stream of humanity, with a view that offers little more than butts, boots, elbows and backsides". (description quote from Joe Hackett)

Comment

Still some snow left at Lake Desolation. Conditions were icy until things warmed up and there was lots of running water. May be the last weekend of the season.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know what conditions are like at the Blueberry Hill trails in Elizabethtown?

Comment

Working...
                      X