Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: "Adirondacks" or "Dacks"
Adirondacks 233 70.18%
Dacks 17 5.12%
Either one, I don't discriminate! 82 24.70%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #221
bigfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent View Post
Okay, I've seen this thread for a year or so now and I guess I'll bite. When I hear 'Dacks I think of some d-bag college fraternity brother saying it who could use a punch in the face. .
Agreed
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #222
trent
OMG they killed Kenny!

This threads still going. Wow. Well 5-6 months after my last post I *gasp* now find myself saying "dacks" sometimes, but only when talking to my girlfriend as she knows how I don't necessarily like the term and that I'm making fun of myself. When speaking other people though it's always "Adirondacks" when spoken or if in writing "ADK's" or "Adirondacks.
trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #223
mnormand

Will be there this Saturday for my first visit. I'm tired of trying to remember how to say Adirondacks every now and then when asked about upcoming vacation. Wish there was a common easy shortcut, as I butcher the name most times... last was Adirondarks.

Of course if ya'll came to South Louisiana Cajun country, we'd get you back pretty fast, LOL.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #224
Adirondack Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnormand View Post
Will be there this Saturday for my first visit. I'm tired of trying to remember how to say Adirondacks every now and then when asked about upcoming vacation. Wish there was a common easy shortcut, as I butcher the name most times... last was Adirondarks.

Of course if ya'll came to South Louisiana Cajun country, we'd get you back pretty fast, LOL.
I notice you're a Bluegrass lover. Me, too. I lived in the Adirondacks for 60 years before moving to Tennessee to play Bluegrass music full-time.

I don't particularly care for the term "Dacks" or "Daks" as it seems to be a useless abbreviation intended, I guess, to be "cool" or "hip" or whatever the jargon is now.

www.frederickwarner.com
Adirondack Composer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #225
46er2B

You can be almost anyplace in this great country and say Adirondack mountains and people know where you mean and if they have been there they will tell you it is the most beautiful place on earth!
46er2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:14 AM   #226
ADKpondhopper
FishyH2OSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46er2B View Post
You can be almost anyplace in this great country and say Adirondack mountains and people know where you mean and if they have been there they will tell you it is the most beautiful place on earth!
Agreed!! IMO.