Stream Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stream Question

After a brisk weekend in BRWF where we did a bushwhack from Chub Pond along Woodhull Creek and had a challenging crossing of the snowmobile bridge over Gull Creek Outlet that ended in waist deep water, we were wondering if either of these freeze? Obviously the snowmobile bridge ended in a flooded spot from the recent thaw, but we were told the bridge at Gull Pond is out completely. Can anyone report whether these streams freeze in a normal year (as if there is normal) or even in a particularly harsh one?
    We also tried to find lean to #1 at Chub Pond but ran out of daylight. The trail once you reach the pond has not been maintained in awhile, and once you cross the bridge of the outlet the trail markers were extremely scarce.

I had a hell of a time trying to find that lean-to one stormy night, getting caught up in a marsh with a friend who was completely delirious and disoriented-good times. I think it's intentionally obscured by someone who uses it as a hunting camp, at least that's my theory. It's a heavily modified lean-to although the DEC seems to have taken down a lot of the modifications.

Sorry though, not sure about the stream freezing, all I know is that the fishing was not great up that way.

Comment

Working...
    X