Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #21
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogymn View Post
It isn't a big deal. We are just breaking chops around the fire.
I get that but it’s not the first time Neil has tried to put an end to the option of deleting your own thread or post if so desired.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:37 PM   #22
dpc34

time to put the fire out and start a new thread...then you have control....which is the way it should be...just saying..not meaning to piss anybody off, but the thread just went in the wrong direction from where I wanted to go...sorry my choice....dave(dpc34)
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #23
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I get that but itís not the first time Neil has tried to put an end to the option of deleting your own thread or post if so desired.
I think it will just force us to be more organized. Should I hijack the thread with my random thought on a tangential topic? Or start a new one? I'll admit that I've been guilty of that...
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
Lucky13

Make sure that it is thoroughly extinguished before you doze off!
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #25
Deerless

I think I missed the missing thread about the missing hiker..... I think...
Deerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #26
Neil
Kayak-46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Seriously, What is the big deal if someone deletes a thread or a post?
Iíve done it countless times. Sometimes to remove a thread that I started and the question was answered and didnít want the inquiry to linger (especially if it was about a little used area), or if the discussion started to turn sour, or if the topic became irrelevant, or if I wanted to delete a comment that I felt should be removed later on. Lots of social media websites allow you to edit & delete your posts & comments. I honestly donít see why thatís a bad thing & should not be allowed here in this community. Just my two cents as someone who often mentions things that I wish I hadnít.
It's for the case of a good thread that gets going, lost of well-thought out replies and a good number of respondents and then poof! The OP deletes it for some reason. In one case a fairly solid and long-standing member assumed it was me and quit the forum over it. (I e-mailed the person to no avail) I suppose I could pull rank on the OP and undelete the thread (after giving them a fair warning). On FB when you edit a post anyone can click on the "edited" link and see what you originally posted. Anyway, it's not a very big deal. The forum settings, which neither I nor Kyler have been able to get to work, are supposed to allow us to set a time limit for the editing of a post.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #27
Justin
Moving along

Ok cool thanks Neil. Honestly man however you want to run your website is completely fine by me. Iíve always enjoyed being a member here, reading, viewing, & chatting about the Adirondacks & related issues. If someone deletes their post or thread because itís possible, thatís ok too. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Any word yet on updating software for making photos easier to share here?

Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote