Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #21
dundee

Is anyone running the shuttle these days?
dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:28 PM   #22
hookman33

While I don't technically run the shuttle, I do provide shuttle service. My fee is negotiated based upon the level of service needed -- one way back to the trail head, food/supply drops along the trip, pick ups at train or bus stations, etc., can be accommodated. My availability is generally good although I canoe, hike and work part time - in that order.

My shuttle work is "not for profit." I provide shuttles as a service to fellow hikers. Profits from shuttle fees are donated to a charity of my choice. In the past it's been the St. Francis Breadline in NYC. Future profits will likely go to the Adirondack Wildlife Refuge and Rehab Center in Wilmington.

If you know of someone who wants to discuss planning a shuttle, have them pm me to get my contact information.

Hookman 33
Old 07-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookman33 View Post
My shuttle work is "not for profit." I provide shuttles as a service to fellow hikers. Profits from shuttle fees are donated to a charity of my choice. In the past it's been the St. Francis Breadline in NYC. Future profits will likely go to the Adirondack Wildlife Refuge and Rehab Center in Wilmington.

Hookman 33
Very cool Hookman! When I do it, you'll be hearing from me!
gebbyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #24
elbert89

Shuttle me this

Hookman33,
My son and I are planning a thru-hike on or about July 21. Can you shuttle us from LP to Northville? We'll be able to firm up plans within the next week.

Elbert89

Last edited by elbert89; 07-12-2018 at 08:39 AM..
elbert89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #25
hookman33

elbert89

Sent you a private message with contact information.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #26
JohnnyVirgil

"My availability is generally good although I canoe, hike and work part time - in that order." -- signed, a man with his priorities in order.
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #27
hookman33

JohnnyV:
Retirement has a wonderful way of clarifying ones priorities.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #28
swillhiker

Shuttle Request

I sent you an email, hookman. If it didn't come through, please feel free to PM me...thanks!
swillhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #29
hookman33

swillhiker:
I did not receive your email. I sent a pm with my contact info.