Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama intervenes in the Shingle Shanty case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama intervenes in the Shingle Shanty case.

I read it in the Green Onion.
    The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Originally posted by Neil View Post
    I read it in the Green Onion.
    EULA: By reading this post and associated disclaimer, you are consenting to agree with the opinions disclosed within. If you disagree with this license agreement, you may not return it for a refund.

Comment

I read that we secretly long for the dregs of winter

WASHINGTON—Saying there are only a few days left to relish the steel-gray skies, dirt-caked melting snow, and still-freezing temperatures, citizens across the country are reportedly taking the time to savor every last moment of 2011's late-February, early-March days. "It's my favorite time of year," said 42-year-old Cleveland resident Meredith Polonsky, adding that she loves stepping outside and smelling the thawing dog **** nobody bothered to pick up during the winter, as well as going to the park, avoiding all the places where the ground is too wet, and going home early because the high winds make her eyes hurt. "Also, I love that the days are getting longer, but still aren't long enough to actually do anything. It's really magical." According to a CNN/New York Times†poll, a majority of Americans are hoping for just one more night where a slushy, rain-snow mix forces them to stay inside and watch another Milwaukee Bucks–Indiana Pacers regular season basketball game.
      I think that the day that hell freezes over is the day President Obama can use his federal power in the Adirondack National Park.

Moreover the OP should have been filed under "wayward nightmares of the imagination" not Current Affairs. Perhaps just Affairs.

Comment

[QUOTE=yellowcanoe;166135]I read that we secretly long for the dregs of winter

WASHINGTON—Saying there are only a few days left to relish the steel-gray skies, dirt-caked melting snow, and still-freezing temperatures, citizens across the country are reportedly taking the time to savor every last moment of 2011's late-February, early-March days. "It's my favorite time of year," said 42-year-old Cleveland resident Meredith Polonsky, adding that she loves stepping outside and smelling the thawing dog **** nobody bothered to pick up during the winter, as well as going to the park, avoiding all the places where the ground is too wet, and going home early because the high winds make her eyes hurt. "Also, I love that the days are getting longer, but still aren't long enough to actually do anything. It's really magical." According to a CNN/New York Times†poll, a majority of Americans are hoping for just one more night where a slushy, rain-snow mix forces them to stay inside and watch another Milwaukee Bucks–Indiana Pacers regular season basketball game.

Now THATS funny.
        “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
        ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

News Flash

Washington, DC

President Obama, looking for shovel ready stimulus projects has settled on a new canal system to make recreation more enjoyable and accessible for the majority of Americans.

This system will link to the new high speed rail line from Albany to Long Lake to Lake Placid.

Starting in Long Lake the canal will proceed up Big Brook to Slim Pond to Little Tupper Lake. It will then continue to Rock Pond, Hardigan Pond, Little Salmon Lake, Lily Pad Pond, Mud Pond, Lake Lila, Low's Lake and Tupper Lake.

"The Governor Patterson Recreation Trail will be a model for similar projects across the country", the President said.
          Last edited by WillisB; 03-10-2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: Big Brook
          www.canoetripping.net/forums

Comment

In order to make movement of boats more efficient and to aid in LNT ( or LMT)..each boat shall have housing on board such as long boats in New England. As there will be locks, boats that do not meet the longboat shape standard will be prohibited.

No canoes will be permitted as people falling overboard will muck up the lock schedule. You must have a motor to facilitate quick loading and unloading of the lock. It shall be electric.

Comment

New campgrounds with complete facilities will be established along the route.
              www.canoetripping.net/forums

Comment

And this is the only type of paddle that may be used....ouch...
                Attached Files
                Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
                Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

Wooden paddles only!! Tradition counts!

Has anyone used one as a spare canoe paddle? (not its intended use)

Comment

up until now, the dadt rule worked fine. paddle in without asking, be very quiet (don't wear red suit tho, mysterious is suspicious) and paddle thru without telling TA DA winn-nningg!
                    Those without tigerblood just can't handle it
                    "a hotdog at the park is way better than roast beef at the ritz" ... humphrey bogart

Comment

Working...
                    X