Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #21
Justin
Moving along

Thanks. Iíve been through the Notch trail once before but yeah definitely need to spend some more time in that area for sure!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #22
montcalm
Mobster

Found this:

http://adirondack.pastperfectonline....B-902906477542

Obviously not the meeting house, but the pics are fuzzy and I can't really distinguish, but it seems like it might be in the clearing right up near the end of the Loch Muller rd.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #23
montcalm
Mobster

Old 02-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #24
montcalm
Mobster

Man, my memory is fuzzy, but I *think* there is a large building there, possibly with boarded up windows, but I'm not sure if it's the building in the video.

They mention it is located in the current Hoffman Notch Wilderness, but I don't know, if it is/was, then it is gone. There's a small property, maybe an in holding, that goes right from the start of the notch trailhead. I could see the house from trail but it didn't look like anything in that video either. Don't know? You'd think if it was still there they would have showed a current picture.

This is the building I'm thinking of located here:

43į51'54.4"N 73į53'20.6"W

Hips on the roof seem to line up with those in the old pictures, so I think that's it. Also pond in the back is called "Warren's Pond". Not sure why I can't find a modern photo.

Ahh... that's definitely it...

http://adirondackluxuryproperty.com/the-warren-house/

Last edited by montcalm; 02-01-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
Woodly

Nice research on that Montcalm.
Woodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #26
montcalm
Mobster

np
Old 02-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #27
Justin
Moving along

Agreed, great research Montcalm!
Both videos were very interesting to watch, despite some audio issues on the first video.

Quote:
Ahh... that's definitely it...

http://adirondackluxuryproperty.com/the-warren-house/
Wow what a gorgeous piece of property!

So the "5 bedroom 3,638 Square foot home, renovated in 2000" in this video was (at least) part of the old the old Bailey Pond Inn/Warren Hotel?
Old 02-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #28
montcalm
Mobster

I know, the audio was TERRIBLE on that first video. I'd give them a "F" for that.

There's two buildings there I believe. I've never seen the second one, but I don't know how I ever missed it. It's HUGE. It's kind of hidden back around though it looks like from the satellite imagery (look at the coordinate I gave and look due east, there's another huge structure). The old place is right along the side of the road.

I guess maybe they meant they renovated the old place. Maybe that's why I remember boarded windows (although I may be remembering one of the other dilapidated old farm houses I've seen in my travels). I also thought it was not painted grey the last time I was there, but again, I wouldn't trust my memory.

The inside shots I'm not sure what they are. I think it's the new building, but I can't be sure as I've never been in either.

I walked around once just briefly in the winter and the views were pretty spectacular as well. The old pictures show the farm used to be cleared a lot more, so it was even more spectacular back then. You'll see why I want a house there. I actually think I looked at that property online a while back, but didn't make the connection to it being an old hotel because of the newer structure. Anyway, it would be a pretty nice place to stay a while...
Old 02-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #29
Justin
Moving along

The building at 3:36 looks a lot like the old photos, and mentions “was once a historic Adirondack Inn”.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #30
montcalm
Mobster

Yesh, that's the building I was talking about the whole time... I just didn't know about the interior... I didn't watch that far into the real estate video the first time, I saw the picture on the website though.

Last edited by montcalm; 02-01-2018 at 06:49 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #31
Justin
Moving along

Gotcha.
I thought thatís what you were referring to, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. Thanks again for sharing!