Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Justin
Moving along

‘Escape at Dannemora’ Official Trailer

Saw this on facebook today & wanted to pass it along...

https://youtu.be/RVbOjP1Ziec
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
Schip

Thanks for sharing. I should have known someone would make a feature about it. I used to live in Dannemore, right across the street from the prison. I have many friends who still live up that way and it was a scary and exciting time.

Kath
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Justin
Moving along

Bump

Just a reminder that this series has started on Showtime.
Part 1 was a little slow & boring I thought. Part 2 is on tonight at 10pm.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Lucky13

I found it very engrossing, and Patricia Arquette was phenomenal, having put on 40 lbs to play the woman that abetted the escape.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Patricia Arquette was phenomenal, having put on 40 lbs to play the woman that abetted the escape.
I agree, and I actually just watched part 2 via the “On Demand” feature through our Spectrum/Time Warner service... It’s getting good!
Old 12-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #6
Justin
Moving along

So, in part 3 they are in the tunnel behind the cells during the middle of the night, and whispering to each other to keep quiet, but then they’re using sledge hammers to break through a brick wall...?
Old 12-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #7
Lucky13

But this is how it went down, Sandler didn't make this stuff up. Lots of loopholes in the system up there, utility noises must have masked the noise. And Del Toro did say it would be five years before they would be out based on needing to sledge through the 7 foot outer wall foundation.

I always thought no one would try to get out of Dannemora because of what they would face when they got out especially if they escaped in May or June, pretty much surrounded by Tag Alder bogs hatching black flies. I still think it is pretty well done, and apparently , from the trailers on network TV, the critics agree as they are raving about it.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #8
SpencerVT

It is really, really good and true to the actual events.
I can't wait for more episodes.

I read that there were over 400 night checks of Sweat's cell during the like 85 times he went into the tunnels at night. The post-escape investigation on the prison interworkings reported that if any one of those 400+ nightly checks had actually been done properly, it would have prevented the escape. That prison was run ludicrously poorly, hopefully it's better now!
Old 12-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #9
Wldrns

During the event, my daughter, who lives in Plattsburgh, had to make several trips through a roadblock check. She had her 3 dogs in the back of her SUV. The third time through with the same trooper, one of the dogs had enough and did his low growl. She didn't even have to roll the window all the down that time as the trooper waved her through.

I work part time for NY Homeland Security (DHSES) teaching a course in land navigation to NY law enforcement officers and SAR members. SAR civilians were not allowed to participate in the actual field search, LE only on this one with weapons. However, in the training season after Dannemora, our land nav classes doubled in size with LE students who realized they needed a to improve their woodland navigation knowledge and skills.

Last edited by Wldrns; 12-05-2018 at 08:24 PM..
Wldrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
hike53

26.5 years in DOCS part of the time at Clinton, and knowing what cells were constructed of,we the public will never be told the complete details of how that escape occurred and therefore even my self can't speculate, that hacksaw blades could accomplish what those two did. I have doubts. The obvious facts can't be disputed. The Superintendent, totally cannot be blamed. The Governor, and the Commissioner of DOCS are to blame also as well as the "bad" employees who the rest of us had to put up with. I think Mr Stiller and the cast did a fine job.
hike53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #11
Justin
Moving along

Agreed, the actors have all been fantastic so far, and I think it’s all coming together nicely, and has me excited for the next few episodes. I do love those movies & series where you can’t help but root for the bad guys, but at the same time it’s hard to ignore the long drawn out scenes just to make each episode fit the 1 hour time slot.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #12
Lucky13

I actually find that an hour goes too fast, I am always surprised at how quickly it has moved. I also appreciate the "local color," some of the landscapes and the stores and museum give it some depth. I think it is Sandler's technique for building the tension, too, and it will release in a later episode. And it sure beats "Storage Wars" reruns!
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #13
TCD

Minor note - Ex. Prod. is Ben Stiller, not Adam Sandler.
TCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
SpencerVT

The next episode is released in a couple days. Can't wait.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #15
Lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Minor note - Ex. Prod. is Ben Stiller, not Adam Sandler.
Wow, I had them totally confused in my mind. Thank you sir!