Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
Cpswing555

wool Backpack

I am looking for a small light wool backpack for tracking. It doesn't have to be big. Any ideas? I need something the beech whips wont make too much noise hitting. I understand what will happen if it gets wet, but after last year i'll take my chances.

Thanks
CP
Cpswing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
bioguide

https://johnsonwoolenmills.com/product/day-packs/

Old 09-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Mallard1100

Take a look at dayone camo. They make them in a soft quiet fleece. Not cheap but high quality. Also look at bison gear packs. They custom make their packs in wool, hemp and wolf skin. I have their lost river lumbar pack. Can't say enough good things about it.
Mallard1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
St.Regis

Yes to the fleece pack. Mine is a Cabela's that I've had for over 20 years. It's light, quiet, and dries fast. Nothing fancy but enough room for anything I want to carry. Padded shoulder straps and a sternum strap help.
St.Regis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
Cpswing555

checked cabelas but nothing
Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
SyrMatt

Why not just make your own from a surplus store blanket and some craft store webbing? A simple Duluth Scout style pack would only take an hour or two, at most.
SyrMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:25 PM   #7
Cpswing555

good idea. if I hade the ability lol. If I could I Would hook a Johnson pack onto the llbean lumbar pack and have exactly what I want.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #8
Buckladd

I have a Woolrich jack shirt (coat) with two big pockets inside the back. You can always have them sewn in at most drycleaning shops, which is what the Benoits did before Beaglewear made coats for them.

With the big back pocket inside the coat you don't need a pack and you won't have the strap on your shooting shoulder, which is what I personally don't like about packs. I do like the pack Bioguide suggests.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #9
GRGS

Go to the Big Woods Buck web site, Hal Blood designed it.
GRGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #10
adkmoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post

With the big back pocket inside the coat you don't need a pack and you won't have the strap on your shooting shoulder, which is what I personally don't like about packs. I do like the pack Bioguide suggests.
Dan , I have a small backpack that I got from Cabelas 2 years ago with only one strap that goes diagonally across your chest and frees up your shooting shoulder.
It is great for hunting with a lite load of water and basic essentials. Works great for me , even use it for hiking.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL...E&gclsrc=aw.ds