Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #41
Bounder45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKpikebuster View Post
Only the best..... f-150
Oh boy...this thread might derail into a truck debate!

Which would be a waste of everyone's time, since deep down inside we all know Toyota makes the best trucks..... Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #42
Stillhunter

Good article link Poco... such hypocrisy. Do as we say (but we are exempt). Shows how serious they really take it. Fear mongering is a great lifestyle.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:27 PM   #43
mikesill
adktroutchaser

+1 Toyota
Old 10-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #44
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
"My side"? Nice try. There is a large group that believes in science when it's convenient. Like going to a doctor, or engineering an airplane but when it goes against their preconceived and immovable notions not so much.
Yes, I know people who say "95% of scientists say global warming is real, so we should not question it," but in the same breath can tell me that "Vaccination causes autism" regardless of how many scientists disagree.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #45
Stillhunter

Toyota, the official truck brand of ISIS. Nearly all photos you see of them they are driving brand new Tundra with machine guns mounted in the bed.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #46
Stillhunter

Next ice age may be beginning?

With the start to this winter I thought that this thread is worth a bump. The brookies will be fine in deeper ponds but in shallow ponds there may be some risk of winter kill due to extreme snow and ice this year. Still a lot of winter ahead but with record cold and snow so far it will be interesting. Man it is cold. Watertown airport recorded -32 the other night. Oswego county has set a new 48 hour snowfall record. It is only December!

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9198.html
Old 12-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #47
fishcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhunter View Post
Toyota, the official truck brand of ISIS. Nearly all photos you see of them they are driving brand new Tundra with machine guns mounted in the bed.
So you are saying that they hold up well?

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau
Old 12-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #48
Stillhunter

No, not at all...just wondering what kind of company would sell trucks to brutal terrorists?
Old 12-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #49
montcalm
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhunter View Post
No, not at all...just wondering what kind of company would sell trucks to brutal terrorists?
Oh no, they have Fords, Chevies and Dodges as well, you just don't see them because they break down and get blown up first.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #50
Stillhunter

Maybe only Toyota sells them new trucks and spare parts. Ford, chevy and dodge do not have them in the supply chain.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #51
montcalm
Mobster

PS Quit using anecdotal data to prove or disprove climate change. Look at real, long term data. The answer could not be more clear.

Also, agriculture, then electricity production are ahead of transport for carbon emissions.

If you don't think CO2 is a greenhouse gas, you might want to look up a little neighbor planet of ours called Venus.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #52
montcalm
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoron View Post
I wish your side would remember that when claiming hot days as evidence........., when claiming hurricanes as evidence (just four hurricanes of any size made landfall during the Obama administration for an average of 0.5 per year, the fewest of any presidential administration dating back to 1901.) - ., when claiming rainy periods or dry periods or sunny days or foggy days,

BTW, are you still driving an internal combustion machine?

Read up.
I think I saw you drop this:

Old 12-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #53
Stillhunter

The "real long term data" shows about an almost 20 year global cooling trend that continues to be ignored by the global elites or undermined with data manipulation or through climate models. They have even been caught red handed changing the data and creating fake scenarios. fyi...God controls both the weather and the climate. Adirondack weather has its natural cycles some very cold and some more moderate. Once in a while some anecdotal evidence is very helpful to drive the point home. Like 4 feet of snow in the high peaks and 10 minutes to freeze your buns off if you use an outhouse.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #54
montcalm
Mobster

That "evidence" means nothing.

Here, take this "conspired" data from a local XC center in the Adirondacks:

http://www.laplandlake.com/snowfall-chart.htm

Plot that out both in snowfall, open date, closing date, and duration of days open. Really simple metric. I've already looked at the data and I know what it says.

Now do this for pretty much ANY metric you can imagine that would show how much thermal energy is being removed throughout the winter. Ice in, ice out dates. Daily highs and lows. Whatever... EVERY single one of them will show the same thing.

If it's a global conspiracy, A HELL of a lot of people have coordinated VERY WELL at manipulating an unimaginable amount of data.

Want to know what I think? I bet you don't have the understanding or knowledge to look at these things for yourself and you go with whatever political agenda best fits what you want to believe.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #55
dpc34

time to end this thread........
Old 12-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #56
ADKpikebuster

And on that note I Caught this bugger opening day 2 years ago, not a hint of global warming was out that day, however my beer stayed cold (fords are still the better truck)America!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A519B85E-FFF5-4651-BA05-C3F217208B0A.jpeg (119.5 KB, 67 views)

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "

Last edited by ADKpikebuster; 12-30-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Old 12-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #57
Stillhunter

Nice speckled trout Pikebuster!
Closed Thread