Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > ADK Forum Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
fishcane

Bell Magic

This is a 2006 Black/gold carbon/kevlar model. It has aluminum gunnels with wood thwarts and caned seats. I have two sets of hangers for the seat, including a higher set for kneeling. Bell portage yoke with titanium railed shoulder pads is included.

This is a bone stock older model that has never been in the water.

Stored indoors with a canoe cover.

Boat is located in Syracuse, NY

$2000.00

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau
fishcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
desmobob

Wish I could have found that one when I bought my white gold layup Magic! Nice boat....

Take it easy,
Bob
desmobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 AM   #3
fishcane

open to offers!

fishcane@gmail.com

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau
Old 10-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
madmike

I own 2, and it is all I can do to not make an offer. Please, someone buy this boat. I weigh 245lbs, it is the perfect boat for me. Light or loaded for tripping, this boat is fast light, and maneuverable.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:11 AM   #5
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
I own 2, and it is all I can do to not make an offer. Please, someone buy this boat. I weigh 245lbs, it is the perfect boat for me. Light or loaded for tripping, this boat is fast light, and maneuverable.
I know I could probably look it up, but what does it weigh? Is it stable too or just fast?
JohnnyVirgil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
yellowcanoe

Its has great secondary stability and speed. If you are looking for steady when you get in (primary) not so much. A tripping load solves this till you get used to it and get ready to play with it. Its actually quite maneuverable when heeled.

One of DYs best boats designed for tripping.

About 30 lbs

Now that the Magic is no longer made its harder to find though Ted Bell is making similar but not in numbers in Minnesota.
yellowcanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #7
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanoe View Post
Its has great secondary stability and speed. If you are looking for steady when you get in (primary) not so much. A tripping load solves this till you get used to it and get ready to play with it. Its actually quite maneuverable when heeled.

One of DYs best boats designed for tripping.

About 30 lbs

Now that the Magic is no longer made its harder to find though Ted Bell is making similar but not in numbers in Minnesota.
I have a Bell Morningstar now and my wife and I have no issues with stability. Any idea how it would compare?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
fishcane

Thanks gang, for the comments! I cannot comment on a comparison to the Morningstar, hopefully others can chime in...

I am a fairly motivated seller, tho, as I just purchased a Savage River DIIIX plus just ordered a Savage River Saranac C4 from John Diller and I promised my wife we would trim the fleet a bit! We paddled the Saranac in the 90 this year and had to have one

Again, this boat is as new as they come, it hasn't even been in water. It has a cloth cover and has been stored properly indoors since purchase

Old 10-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #9
yellowcanoe

I assume the stability question is re the Morningstar vs the Magic, when the Morningstar is used as a solo.

Of course tandems are more stable than a solo. There is more room to let your head wander. But the Morningstar doesnt allow a vertical stroke when padddling solo.

I'd not be afraid of it. It used to be the most rented solo in the Boundary Waters Canoe area.

To put things in perspective ANY solo is going to seem "tippy" to those with only tandem experience. And its not the boats fault. It is more your mind processing (eek narrow, too much water around). Issues with stability are personal and not the boats. DY designs with two criteria in mind.. seakindliness and seaworthiness. The first has to do with paddler and boat interaction...how will the paddler feel in rough water? The second is function of hull design.

I'd go for it if I did not have nine solos already. Its no accident that eight are DY designs.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #10
desmobob

Someone buy this boat! It's killing me... :-)

Take it easy,
Bob
desmobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #11
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
I assume the stability question is re the Morningstar vs the Magic, when the Morningstar is used as a solo.

I'd go for it if I did not have nine solos already. Its no accident that eight are DY designs.
Yes, I've never paddled a solo canoe before, that's what I was wondering. Also, NINE? Do you have a separate garage to store them all? ha
Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #12
madmike

9? I have 22. Garage, neighbor's, etc.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 AM   #13
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
9? I have 22. Garage, neighbor's, etc.
I suppose it's like a set of golf clubs. You need a different club off the tee than you do in a sand trap, right?
Old 10-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
yellowcanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVirgil View Post
Yes, I've never paddled a solo canoe before, that's what I was wondering. Also, NINE? Do you have a separate garage to store them all? ha
One barn. We live in the woods. We have room for five hundred more at least.

Total of 16 canoes and kayaks. All do get used. If one does not get used for two years, out it goes.

Just buy the Magic. That some have so many canoes does not reflect a need. Its more a want.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #15
fishcane

Still avail!!

Old 01-17-2016, 05:26 PM   #16
fishcane

LMK if anyone wants pictures of this sparkling beauty!!

Old 01-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #17
yellowcanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcane View Post
LMK if anyone wants pictures of this sparkling beauty!!
You might consider going on www.bwca.com classifieds. There is a lot of demand for the Magic. Have no idea if the distance would be an obstacle.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #18
fishcane

Quote:
You might consider going on www.bwca.com classifieds. There is a lot of demand for the Magic. Have no idea if the distance would be an obstacle.
its posted there.... thanks for the tip tho!

Old 03-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Figallegro

Is the canoe still available? Very interested.
Figallegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 AM   #20
fishcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figallegro View Post
Is the canoe still available? Very interested.
I sent you a PM