Another pond report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pond report

Fished 5 ponds over the last week to close out the trout season, in general found the fish to be finicky despite water temps in the mid 50s and fishing mostly overcast days or foggy mornings. Managed about a dozen brookies in the 12-14" range, and had to work to get them. Nicest fish came on closing day on a new pond I've been eyeing for a while, one of the most colorful brookies I've seen. Guess that 5 pounder will have to wait till next year........
    Attached Files

Great pictures. Amazing colors on the last one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Is that last one a Windfall, perchance? Lovely!
      Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

Wow, awesome flanks on the last Brookie.

Comment

Originally posted by vtflyfish View Post
          Is that last one a Windfall, perchance? Lovely!
          Surprisingly, no, that pond is not a heritage strain pond. It did have very dark stained water, not sure if that had something to do with it. Funny as all the other pics are Little Tuppers...

Comment

Nice pictures! Nice trip for sure!
            "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

Working...
            X