Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Dave Bourque
Footslogger

Hiking with Prosthetic Leg

Does anyone know of anybody who has climbed the Adirondack 46 with a prosthetic leg? I know of someone who has a prosthetic leg and is attempting the 46. He has asked if we know of any one else who has climbed the 46 with a prosthetic. I'm guessing it has been done but don't know the answer. Any feedback will be passed along to the aspiring 46er.

Thanks
Dave Bourque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #2
Viking

While doing my 46 I did meet a hiker with a prosthetic leg. We chatted a bit and as we departed he was moving faster than I was. I don't know if this was the one he had, but he did mention there were options for folks that were amputee hikers/climbers.

KLIPPA, PROSTHETIC LEG FOR ROCK CLIMBERS
Inspired by mountain goats' exceptional climbing ability, KLIPPA is a prosthetic leg designed specifically for amputee rock climbers. Its unique features allow amputees to climb securely and comfortably.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #3
rickhart

I don't have useful contacts or info to offer -- but I bet a lot of us will be rooting for him. Hope we hear more about it!
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
Woodly

Not the 46, but a man on the Trailspace Forum mentioned that his g-grandfather lost his leg in a mining accident and with a carved wooden leg climbed I believe he said MT St Helens every summer!
Woodly is offline   Reply With Quote