Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
Neil
Kayak-46

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
I'm for the multiples.

And to complicate things some more, what it a picture gets five summer votes and five spring votes (10 overall) but another picture gets nine spring votes, and another nine summer votes, does the one with 10 split votes lose out even though it got more overall votes?

Hawk
ADKJack and Dick are the compilers of the votes. I'll let them work it out.

But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month.

Last edited by Neil; 10-17-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
Emily T
WMass

"But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month."

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for putting together this project, to all of you who are involved. I know from experience how time consuming it can be to do something like this! Personally, I will love having an Adirondack photo to look at each month!

Would it be possible for us to just vote for a certain number of favorite pictures, without categorizing them? Leave it up to the project managers to put them on the appropriate month? Even if someone didn't vote for any winter shots (not likely, I know, but just an example), it wouldn't matter. Project managers will just take the top winter pics for those months anyway. Just a thought.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
-- Mark Twain
Emily T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
Neil
Kayak-46

Voting is now open.

Go ahead. Make our day and

VOTE!

As to Emily's question, all I can say at this stage of the game is,

"I - don't - know"
-Jimmy Buffet

This is a question for my esteemed associates, Dick, Jack and Scott.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:30 AM   #24
dmartenvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
After seeing photo #73,I've decided to start carrying a pistol.
Make sure to get extra ammo, because there's a lot more where that came from. I tried to submit this one but my email timed out or something and frankly I was too lazy to re-send it. But this is what I see outside my door in the Adirondacks.

dmartenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #25
1ADAM12
Should I Jump?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartenvt View Post
Make sure to get extra ammo, because there's a lot more where that came from. I tried to submit this one but my email timed out or something and frankly I was too lazy to re-send it. But this is what I see outside my door in the Adirondacks.

Can you say Deliverence
1ADAM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
Neil
Kayak-46

Where's my bow and arrow?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #27
adkjack
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily T View Post
"But to answer your question, it isn't always easy to differentiate between summer and spring pics to begin with. The photo with the most overall votes will get the nod and be assigned to the most appropriate month."

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for putting together this project, to all of you who are involved. I know from experience how time consuming it can be to do something like this! Personally, I will love having an Adirondack photo to look at each month!

Would it be possible for us to just vote for a certain number of favorite pictures, without categorizing them? Leave it up to the project managers to put them on the appropriate month? Even if someone didn't vote for any winter shots (not likely, I know, but just an example), it wouldn't matter. Project managers will just take the top winter pics for those months anyway. Just a thought.
Very true especially when you consider there was snow on Marcy in June and Early October that pretty much makes it a two season affair, July and Winter Sping and fall are pretty vague also, so I tell you what pick your favorite 4 and assign the closest season you can to them and then your favorite or If there is really no particular seasonal picture you like just leave that season blank.

Jack
adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #28
Emily T
WMass

I just submitted my 10 favorites...with no season assigned to them! My vote will most likely get booted, since I didn't follow the rules!

I still say the project managers can just take the winning entries, overall, and assign them to a month. Like, take the 3 most popular winter shots, and put them on winter months, 3 most popular spring shots, and put them on the spring months, etc.

I couldn't possibly pick an overall favorite. It was hard enough to pick only 10!

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
-- Mark Twain
Emily T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #29
Neil
Kayak-46

Because of the number of submissions it is very important that everybody votes.
Say 30 people vote. That's nearly 1 picture per vote.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #30
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
Very true especially when you consider there was snow on Marcy in June and Early October that pretty much makes it a two season affair, July and Winter Sping and fall are pretty vague also, so I tell you what pick your favorite 4 and assign the closest season you can to them and then your favorite or If there is really no particular seasonal picture you like just leave that season blank.

Jack
Question.

I submitted my ballot when the example was 3 pictures a season and one overall favorite.

Is that grandfathered and "legal" or do I have to vote all over again?

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #31
Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
Question.

I submitted my ballot when the example was 3 pictures a season and one overall favorite.

Is that grandfathered and "legal" or do I have to vote all over again?

Hawk
Hawk,
I had one other submit early and I asked him to re-submit choosing just five. I would be much obliged if you would do the same. Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your participation.
Thanks
Jack
Calendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #32
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calendar View Post
Hawk,
I had one other submit early and I asked him to re-submit choosing just five. I would be much obliged if you would do the same. Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your participation.
Thanks
Jack
So much for the early bird BS.
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #33
Calendar

Deadline For Voting

Since time is of the essence as we attempt to have the selections complete and finished product produced in time for Holiday gift giving I respectfully request that we have all vote in by
Saturday October 25th.

We will select and Post the Winners by Tuesday the 28th

Thanks again to all who have submitted these great pictures and those who have taken the time to make very hard decisions and voted for their favorites.

Jack
Calendar is offline   Reply With Quote