Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Foundation Sponsored Courses - First Aid and more!

It was mentioned here a few weeks ago that the Foundation was considering sponsoring a Wilderness First Aid course...I'd like to announce that we are just about ready to start taking registrations.

The first course will be the Wilderness First Aid two day course, as run by Wilderness Medical Associates. The course will be held on April 25 & 26 in Keene, NY. There will be two cost options - $295 with lodging and meals, which will include Friday and Saturday night stays at the Ark Trail Inn as well as a dinner on Saturday. Or, find your own place to stay and the cost will be $215. The rooms at the Ark will be double occupancy so we can accommodate as many people who wish to attend. Class space will be limited to 22 people, so for now, PM me if you plan to register when we have the paperwork ready.

We are still finalizing the details of the second course, but we are tentatively planning to sponsor a two-day Leave No Trace Trainer course. The current plan is to offer a free 1-2 hour workshop on the Friday evening, then the two day course on Saturday and Sunday. Cost will be approximately $100, and will include the course and materials, three meals in the field, and a one year membership to LNT. The course is mostly field based, and will start Saturday morning with a few hour classroom session, then move to the trail for an overnight backpack to finish the course. Tentative dates are June 19-20-21 - PM me if you're interested or want more information on the course contents.

We hope to be able to continue offering such courses as interest and time permit...

Scott

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
DaVinci

WW - Long time! Happy Holidays!

This looks fantastic! Do you have any more specifics / website? I'm goign to see if I can get a few fellow teachers to go!

Davinci
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
WW - Long time! Happy Holidays!

This looks fantastic! Do you have any more specifics / website? I'm goign to see if I can get a few fellow teachers to go!

Davinci
Hey Leonardo....the first aid link is in the original email, but is http://www.wildmed.com

The LNT link is http://www.lnt.org

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote