Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
adk-46r
IT'S GRACE & CARSON PEAKS

46ers 100th anniversary celebration 2018

https://www.facebook.com/groups/279227062250248

The 46ers are preparing for the 100th anniversary of the first high peak climbed by George and Bob Marshal and Herb Clark. It may seem we are jumping the gun; but we plan on this being a large event and early planning is necessary. We are looking for people to serve as committee members and volunteers. We are looking for your thoughts, suggestions, and expertise before we go forward.
Possible events could be hikers on the summit all 46 peaks at the same time, A barbeque / get together, a ceremony on the summit of their first peak Whiteface Mountain. Events for those who choose not to hike. Seeing the actual anniversary of August 1st 2018 is on a Wednesday the celebration would take place on the weekend of August 4th and 5th. This is in the busiest part of hiking and tourist season so this could be a very large event. So give us some feed back to help make this event a success. Please join our face book group to keep informed . The link is at the top of this page.
IT IS MY HOME
IT IS WHERE I WORK
adk-46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Adirondackiteer
Barefoot Hiker

Hmm maybe I could make it a goal to finish my 46 on that day!

44/46 get'n closer
26/46 barefoot
Adirondackiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
adk-46r

I guess we will see you on Whiteface on August 5th, 2018.
IT IS MY HOME
IT IS WHERE I WORK
Old 08-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
adk-46r

One of the visions of this celebration is a free outdoor movie night at Berkley square in Saranac Lake. If our vision becomes a reality film maker Blake Cortright has agreed to show his documentary "The 46ers Do you hear them calling" Blake emailed me saying "we may need some photos from the 46er club to help make the best documentary we can (historic photos most likely,) He needs them by fall for post production. If you can help out Blake or know someone who can please contact him.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blake...40378642657544
IT IS MY HOME
IT IS WHERE I WORK
Old 11-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
adk-46r

update 46er 100th of Marshalls and Clark first peak

UPDATE ON THE
46er 100th anniversary celebration of Clark and the Marshalls first high peak
1) Outdoor movie night with Adirondack movies at Berkley Square Saranac Lake. August 3rd .
Possible films “The Mountains will wait for you”, “The Adirondack 46ers Can you hear them calling”

2) August 4th various venues and event in the area for those who do not want to hike. Possible group rate tickets to venues.

3) August 4th Hikers on all 46 peaks. To be coordinated so if a great number of people sign up for certain peaks that start times will be assigned to groups to prevent overcrowding.

4) August 5th Celebration at the cloud spin lounge at the ski resort with dinner or barbeque

5) Committed participants, Village of Saranac Lake, Historic Saranac Lake, Saranac Lake free library (Adirondack Collection room), The Wilmington Historical society, Blake Cortright (film maker) , ORDA Whiteface Mountain , Adirondack Forty-Sixers
Because of the possibility of a large crowd for the celebration it will be held at Whiteface ski center. Those wishing to hike or drive up to the summit on Sunday the 5th, can do so on an individual basis. Venues at the mountain may also be accessed on an individual basis at their own cost. Such as the Gondola, Adventure park, maybe even a zip line by 2018 .

The suggestion to do the anniversary hike of all 46 peaks in period clothing and gear is gaining a lot of interest. Check out our facebook group for more information
www.facebook.com/groups/279227062250248
IT IS MY HOME
IT IS WHERE I WORK
Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
adk-46r

Lightbulb Input wanted on Clark and Marshalls anniversary celebration

http://www.facebook.com/groups/279227062250248
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140803_065211.jpg (157 Bytes, 26 views)
IT IS MY HOME
IT IS WHERE I WORK