Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
serotonin
ember

The Wobble

What kinda fishes... really make your knees go kooky, and whimper and wobble...?

It's not a marz fish... is it?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
calvins

Well, you didn't specify fresh water so I'll say that any blue or yellowfin tuna over 40 or 50 pounds will definitely have those affects.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Big Brook Trout (is there any other kinds of fish), like these 4-5 lbers from ZEC Pontiac, QE. (years ago):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trout.jpg (84.0 KB, 153 views)
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --
pondhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
marzrw

Hmmm...Pondhopper just may have the correct answer...WB may agree....I like em all...
Old 10-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
calvins

Wow. Dem's some big brookies! Must have been a blast!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

(heh- must've logged in as you posted)

To be honest- those are some my friend Marty caught, but we got many like those on our old, annual trips up there. He had the camera and always promised me copies....but, through the years, I've only ended up with a few. We quit going up there, after they built new roads into Crown land and previously, hard to get to places- had nice gravel roads leading to them. Always, had to hit those lakes just after ice-out, which usually, meant the week, before Victoria day. It was a blast!

Often, even everyday, ordinary & generic brookies give me the "wobble"
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --

Last edited by pondhopper; 10-23-2006 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: for the heck of it
Old 10-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
trouthunter

A nice heavy Laker caught deep always gets the legs wobblin, especially in a 10' lightweight sportspal canoe.
trouthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
warden's worry
Administrator

Pretty hard to beat the approach of a "single" Bonefish on the flats..... your adrenaline is chugging and you know you only have one shot at this fish.......
If you are good/lucky enough to hook it up there is no better feeling in angling....Unless it's the 45th cast you've made to an emerger sippin' bruiser brown with 7x tippet, it's the 4th pattern you've tried and he finally takes it!!!!!
Or, there's the explosive bait busting pod of Albies and Blues eating bay anchovies, and you are targeting Albies- you strip, the line stops, you're hooked up, and..............the fish takes off at 38 mph- yeah baby, it's an albie!
In my book, every aspect of angling has a little bit o' wobble......
This is what gets us through the winter........
warden's worry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #9
sacredloon
Administrator

Your making me drool with envy over those brookies....nice fish!
sacredloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredloon View Post
Your making me drool with envy over those brookies....nice fish!
Thanks! I'll bet those new roads in the ZEC are pretty eroded by now (been over ten years) and it only takes a 5-6 hour drive from Watertown to get there. Cheap 3 day fishin license, cheap camping permits and fishin rights for the Zec.....lakes are shut off for the year, after a certain number are reported, after checking out @ the gate (generally 100 trout per lake)= I'll bet, those lakes (mostly, in the NE area) still have some BEAUTIES