Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #21
forevrwyld
Keith and Dad, Redfield Summit

Reading all of this is making my stomach growl; but doc says me and Mathews shouldn't partner up to climb in trees this year due to recovery from some surgery. Doc was ok with me, Benelli, and ADK LAB #2 doing some Duck Huntin' though.

Duck Breast: Marinade in olive oil, orange juice, little lemon juice, salt/pepper, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Dress with Aunt Kate's pickeled cherries (don't ask me how to make them, she won't tell ) and some whole grain wild rice on the side. Cook duck breast outside on grill on high heat to medium rare at most.

-george-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3167.jpg (224.7 KB, 31 views)
forevrwyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #22
forevrwyld
Keith and Dad, Redfield Summit

OK, one more of ADK LAB #1 - Marcy, and her protege, ADK LAB #2 - Tracey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3170.jpg (142.6 KB, 30 views)
forevrwyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #23
marzrw

Nice dogs...Nice pics...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #24
wildbrookies

That was a very unforgettable camping trip my brother was talking about....despite the lack of any trout to butterfly and cook on an openfire(bad luck in the ponds as usual )....good thing we planned on the venison kabobs no matter what...something about eating food over an open fire that really has alot of flavor...I remember being so hungry and after tasting a few of those morsels, it rivaled the best cut of steak at a good restruant ...and I remember the coyotes calling from two differant 0peaks as they hunted during the night......the loons were very vocal as well right at sundown..eating those ~bobs off of the skewers and watching the stars twinkle...I know that trip was going to be hard to beat...especially after a few cold brews to wash everything down with...we were very lucky, to be able to do those trips together...hopefully ,a few more can be planned in the future...but, first gotta get my horns this year and try some of the above awesome ,mouthwatering recipes that you guys so nicely posted, thanks all...

Wb
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote