Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2016, 01:33 AM   #1
adkhunter85

Question canoe seats

I own a 12 foot Radisson and I find the stock seats to be very uncomfortable after long days of fishing. anyone know of any comfortable seats to replace with ?
adkhunter85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Dacker

If you're talking about those sponge things,yes they are terrible. I have the same canoe and use an aluminum beach chair. Bought it at a garage sale . It's sets only 3-4 inches off the bottom and the back is very comfy.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
Buckladd

I have a 12-foot Sortspal and a previous owner installed wicker seats. They're fine and I think you can find them at just about any paddle shop.
Buckladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #4
adkhunter85

I have tried the beach chair that works well.just a little cumbersome at times . Thanks
adkhunter85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Banoe

You can get wicker canoe seats from Essex Industries they are the same ones used in many of the popular canoes. I made a simple wood base with a couple 2x4s and a 1x12 to mount one of the Sit Backer type seats onto it worked well in my 6hr canoe.
Banoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
deep250

Radisson Seat

I use folding padded seats sold at Walmart and other places for about forty bucks each. I find them very comfortable. They come in different vinyl colors and camouflage patterns.
deep250 is offline   Reply With Quote