Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #21
ADKpikebuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtflyfish View Post
Point taken. Mea culpa. Post removed.

Pikebuster!!! Where have you been hiding???
I've been hard at wobbling pike, not monsters yet, the hunt continues

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #22
GringoGaucho

New Boat

Vtflyfish,
Your new toy - OSG Stealth Pro? - for floating /rowing looks great, congrats.

Although new to ADK forum, I'm not new to chasing fish with fur & feathers.
We've used canoes on various waters, but have zero knowledge when it comes to float tubes / pontoons.

Prior to posting this inquiry, I've tried to research reviews & read as many ADK forum threads as possible on the subject.

Some folks like to fish these boats without oars while chasing trout in ADK still water ponds- ie. Trinity & 420 UL - but I would like to fish with the option to row.
I understand adding a rowing package to the boat will increase weight, but some of the new models are quite light.

The Low Pro X by DS has my attention at <10lbs. It would require waders, kick fins & pump but I believe it would still be light enough to carry / pack to many ponds.
DS products have some negative reviews on other sites, most of which pertain to his whitewater raft claims.

My intention is use this boat on ADK still water ponds only, so I'm not certain those issues would apply to me. Of course, anytime you see negative reviews, it raises concern.

Anyone have any experience using the Low Pro X or other DS products?

Is there another boat out there that may fit my needs?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #23
thyer

Transport

Transport has always been the one item keeping me from doing these types of trips. Ive bee. Looking at rock river, cedar river and the gorge area. But Im not ok with leaving anything for 30-45 minutes for bike ride or hike back to car.
thyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #24
ADKpikebuster

Buy yourself a horny beck and a case lattes and be done with it!!

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:43 PM   #25
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Hey Glen,

Bring your Class V rig and I'll meet you at the Montauk Dock. VT. bring your rig too and we'll see who lasts the longest before frostbite and the hammerheads take over.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #26
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
Hey Glen,

Bring your Class V rig and I'll meet you at the Montauk Dock. VT. bring your rig too and we'll see who lasts the longest before frostbite and the hammerheads take over.
Hi Schultz. You’re on! I’ve actually moved to a canal on the south shore. I’m currently shopping for a center console boat to take advantage of the location. In the fall I plan on taking it out east to fish Montauk and Orient. If you can make it down here you have an open invitation. The fishing last fall for false albacore was terrific.
Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #27
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Hi Schultz. Youre on! Ive actually moved to a canal on the south shore. Im currently shopping for a center console boat to take advantage of the location. In the fall I plan on taking it out east to fish Montauk and Orient. If you can make it down here you have an open invitation. The fishing last fall for false albacore was terrific.
Hey Glenn,
I haven't fished the Sound since I was a kid living in CT. Sounds great. PM me your contact info. Always wanted to try Montauk Point. Have heard so much about it.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #28
RickG55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtflyfish View Post
I had a small windfall and used it to purchase this. It works great on the mudroom floor - just ask my wife! Intended use is remote river sections and fishing the big lakes out west. First fishing expedition is a section of Otter Creek here in VT that I've had my eye on for years. Next s the Hudson River Gorge for an overnight trip.

Note to longtime Forum members: Ask Glen where HIS new boat is.
Are you talking about that stretch of Otter Creek that starts around Tabor and heads north towards Wallingford? I drive past that every day to work, and I'm planning on trying my kayak on it this year.
RickG55 is offline   Reply With Quote