Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Food, Lodging, Parking, and Transportation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Peteubb

Old Forge in October

so I have a mid-semester break and me and my girlfriend are planning to take a quick getaway to old forge.

I'm planning on staying at the pine knoll, if i can get the cabin i want.

sadly it looks like a lot of restaurants aren't open on mondays up there which is when we will be going.

but anyway, does anyone have an recommendations for a nice dinner, and then maybe an afterwards for drinks?
Peteubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
geogymn

Friends went to the "Seventh Lake House" last week and had some fine dining. They said the food was outstanding and they dine out often.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Peteubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogymn View Post
Friends went to the "Seventh Lake House" last week and had some fine dining. They said the food was outstanding and they dine out often.
crap, doesn't look like they are open on mondays.
Peteubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
snapper
snapper

Are you going over Columbus Day weekend? If you are many of those places may be open to take advantage of the holiday weekend business. If there is a particular place you want to eat at you might want to give them a call to see if they will be open that specific Monday. Lots of places will stay open over a holiday weekend due to the potential for increased business and income.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
timmedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogymn View Post
I have eaten there as well, the food and setting was very good.
timmedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
lisainthewoods
Louie on Lewey & Snowy behind

Billy's is great for Italian(It's one of the local's favorites behind a liquor store on the main drag), The Steakhouse in Thendara (1/2 mi. So. of O.F.) is also really good. Everyone talks about The Old Mill, I personally was not impressed with it and the prices were outrageous. As far as being open on Monday, I'm not sure. As far as drinks, I don't know but if you've got a cabin how about just surprising her with a bottle of wine and some nice fancy glasses. Could make for a nice romantic evening!!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
Limekiln

Try the Red Dog on South Shore Rd. between Old Forge and Inlet.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
Otis

We frequent many establishments in the area. Some of our favorites include: Slickers, Red Dog, Big Moose Inn, and the Old Mill. The only place we avoid and regularly warn others of is the Screamen Eagle in Inlet. The service is terrible, the prices are outrageous, and the food isn't very good.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
madmike

inlet

Wow, 3 diners at the Screamen Eagle, all real good, and cheap. huge selection of craft beers.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote