Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
CMiller

Whitewater

Have recently returned from a trip through the Hudson River Gorge with my family, using the Adirondack Rafting Company in Indian Lake.

Was wondering if anybody can give me some good info on other whitewater sites in the ADKs (for a family) and also provide recommendations on reputable guides/outfitters.

We have been coming up to the ADKs since the 70s, over a few generations, and never have been whitewater rafting. Needless to say, we had a blast and are looking for some other suggestions.
CMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
Bob K

In addition to the Hudson river, there are trips on the Sacandaga river ending near the Hudson by Lake Luzerne NY. Shorter and not as challenging as the Hudson I understand, but good for families. I have done the Hudson twice but not yet Sacandaga. The are also periodic trips on the Moose but apparently more dangerous and dependent on natural water levels. Both of the others have scheduled dam releases to control flow for trips during specified days & times.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
CMiller

Hey, thanks for the quick reply Bob K.

I heard about the rapids on the Moose. Years ago took paddling trips on parts of that river.

I will look into the Sacandaga river.

Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
JimVroman

I think that there are rafting trips on the Black River during times of high water.
JimVroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
CMiller

I will check Black river as well.

Thanks Jim Vroman.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
snapper
snapper

I would highly recommend WILDWATERS at the Glen. I've worked with Doug since the early 1980's and his staff of guides are all top notch. They also operate a nice inn with dining facilities right on site so it's one stop shopping. If you're looking for a great family adventure on the Upper Hudson, you won't go wrong booking your adventure with them.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

PS - Here's their website: http://www.wild-waters.com/
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #7
CMiller

Thank you very much for the info.

Already planning out next year's adventure - this will help a lot.

All the best.