Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self supported self powered 46r (by bike!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self supported self powered 46r (by bike!)

Self powered self supported 46r by a local VTr. All done in under 14 days.
    Jeff's a good guy.

The article suggests that the BearVaults are no longer allowed in the High Peaks. This is not true- they are still permitted but their use is discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
      The article suggests that the BearVaults are no longer allowed in the High Peaks. This is not true- they are still permitted but their use is discouraged.
      Feel free to comment on the article... or write the website or the author for a correction.

I think its great that someone in the east decided to take on the 46r by bike. I've always been inspired by Justin Simoni's exploits, especially his self powered 14r Odyssey:

July – August 2014, ~34 days, 12 hours, Solo, Self-Supported The highest 58 peaks, ridden to by bike; summited on foot, completely Self-Powered and Self-Supported. Weaving a path of singletrack, 4×4 tracks, country and dirt roads, the Tour 14er project takes the path less pedaled to gain the base of ALL the Colorado 14ers by Continue reading...

Comment

Yes, it is definitely an impressive and laudable accomplishment.

Comment

Nice!
          Cool stories, thanks for sharing!
          Congrats to Jeff!
          A rather unique, and elite challenge to undertake and complete for sure!

Comment

You can still see the thread over on the high peaks forum where he planned out the route with the help of the experts there. Very impressive feat!
            I'm not a Hippie, just a well groomed Mountain Man.

Comment

I guess the most awesome thing about this is that he just throws in a Great Range Traverse in the middle of the whole deal

Comment

Originally posted by JimB View Post
                You can still see the thread over on the high peaks forum where he planned out the route with the help of the experts there. Very impressive feat!

Hey Jim - do you have a link over there? Curious to see the planning side of this.

Comment

Mike, I hope this link will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X