Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piscifun Saex Premier Low Profile Baitcasting Reels

Product Tested: Piscifun Saex Premier Low Profile Baitcasting Reel 7.3:1

Price paid, where purchased: 57 dollars. Purchased on Piscifun Official Website
    Could also find it on amazon.
    Size/Weight: gear ratio 7.3:1

Similar products tried: Ardent

How long/where tested: Tested for over 2 months

Rating 1 to 5: 4.5

Summary:

Hmm, the SAEX Premier is quite worth the money. Bought this at a discount.

I’ve used it a few times. Performed well. Last week caught 22" bass using a surface lure and Piscifun SAEX Premier Bait Caster on my Abu Garcia Vendetta Casting Rod. So far I'm impressed with this reel.

I tore it down and cleaned out the grease and lubes and put quality main gear grease and oil in the bearings and it performs great. But you don’t have to do this.

The SAEX Premier Bait Caster functioned well, extremely smooth and adjustable.
    I found the drag to be positioned perfectly and easily accessible when bringing in a large fish that is taking line.

Pros:
    1. Smooth casting. Casting was easy and line went out freely
    2. Ultra light and well built
    3. Mad with aluminum and stainless steel material
    4. 1 year worry-free WARRANTY & amazing customer service!

Cons:
    1. Max Drag: 11.4lb. I prefer larger drag. But 11.4 lb for Piscifun SAEX works well. You couldn’t expect this ultra light baitcaster to have max drag over 20 lb.
    2. I would clean out the grease. Putting quality grease and oil in bearings would be better. Hope it lasts long enough.

I’ve used a number of products. Ardent, Abu Garcia, etc. This company called Piscifun, produces excellent reels. Really worth a shot. It may out-beats some products at the similar price level. Well made, affordable, and excellent customer service.
    Last edited by Mr.Mirage; 11-29-2016, 02:57 AM.
    Life sometimes sucks. Fishing always helps.

I have purchased two Piscifun fly reels and also feel they are well worth the money. Also, if you're looking for braided line, check out their website, it a fraction of the cost of other braided lines and I've been happy with that too.

Comment

Working...
    X