Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
nadunbar

Spring Trolling Lake George

Hey guys!

I want to get my row boat out on the Lake early morning tomorrow and head out in search of a few land locks or lakers...I'm going to launch from Million dollar beach...first time doing this so any advice would be much appreciated PM me if needed!

Thank you in advance for any help!!!
nadunbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Buckladd

I've been twice trolling in my kayak with no luck, but the smelt are starting to run and things should improve. Do your best to imitate smelt: streamers, mooselocks, hinckleys, etc., around the streams and shallow. Slow for lakers, faster for salmon

Pick up the Spring edition of ADKO.... http://www.adirondackoutdoorsmagazine.com. Bryant Abul wrote a pretty good article on fishing the King!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
dpc34

I have started trolling for LT on Lake George...6 small trout today taken at 80-100ft...nothing to write home about...no silver bullets yet...water temp is still in the low 40s...been fishing along the east shore north of Pilot Knob.....I have not seen any sign of smelt activity yet...good luck...will keep you posted
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
bioguide

A good friend, hunting, and fishing partner invited me to tag along with him this am... but unfortunately, I had another obligation...

Wading out from George's shore he took these two and lost one other...

Last edited by bioguide; 04-22-2017 at 06:57 PM..
bioguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
dpc34

interesting day on LG today-saw the water temp jump 5 degrees (surface temp) during the day...caught 2 in the AM and then went out with my sweetie mid afternoon and and hooked 2, but not in the boat...but when I went by the caves pen there was a boat there Jigging just like Ice fishing and doing very well-caught 3 as I was going by.....did not have time to stop and the wind was coming up-so home we went....great day on the Queen of lakes with the sun finally out.....tight lines everyone...the smelt should start any day now..just heard they are running in the village.....

Last edited by dpc34; 04-23-2017 at 09:09 PM..
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
nadunbar

Awesome guys thanks for the tips...didn't get out this weekend, maybe this afternoon!
nadunbar is offline   Reply With Quote