Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
NJTom

Wakely Dam Ultra 2016

This past weekend I ran the Wakely Dam Ultra. As I am sure many on this forum know, it is a completely self-supported trail race along the roughly 32 mile stretch of the NPT from Wakely Dam south to Piseco. Runners got the option of a shuttle bus from the Piseco Airport up to Wakely Dam in the morning and a t-shirt - and that was it. We were on our own for everything else: food, water, other supplies, and of course following those blue trail blazes.

It was my very first time on the NPT and it was great. Beautiful weather helped. I definitely recommend the event to anyone interested in ultra running or the Trail in general.

I completed the ~32 mile course in just under 9 hours. Official results from Saturday aren't up yet, but prior years' winners usually came in a little either side of 5:00 hours.

The attached photo is from a creek crossing just south of the West Canada Lakes. Not sure exactly which one.

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2458.JPG (43.5 KB, 88 views)
NJTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

What a handsome pic!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Bark Eater Too

It is an epic event, and I enjoyed completing it twice back in the day....though somehow I like the traditional direction south to north and finishing at the dam. Glad you had a good day!
Bark Eater Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Glad you enjoyed the trail. If you or any others would like to help keeping the trail in good condition, those of us who volunteer as trail stewards can always use some help. Some areas are in need of more help than others.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote