Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > "By the Fireside"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
I'll try one more then Justin...have you heard the Disco Biscuits? Goofy name, good tunes.
...Saw 'em at moe.down 6 in 2005, and at the last snoe.down festival in Lake Placid in March '07.

I've seen TLG a couple two-tree times too!

There's been a lot of good music at moe.down over the years,
and I'm looking forward to my 10th straight moe.down this year Labor Day weekend!

Last edited by Justin; 03-12-2009 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: clarification... it's tough to remember
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #42
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

moe.down 10

As I'm in the midst of planning my summer - anyone hitting moe.down 10 this year? Unless something big comes up at work, I'm planning to be there...Justin, you going back this year?

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #43
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
Justin, you going back this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I'm looking forward to my 10th straight moe.down!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #44
Justin

First round of bands announced for moe.down 10,
more to come.
http://www.moe.org/moedown/?c=231

Sam Bush...
Nice!

Seapods...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #45
hillman1
skiing demi-god

Just saw this thread again--just so you guys know, the three night at the mothership were incredible to say the least. When the lights went down, and the first notes of fluffhead got played, the place erupted. I had a chance to head out to deer creek the other night, but opted to hike instead. Guess I'm getting old. Anyway, anybody going to see phish at spac or darien lake? I'll be the bearded guy next to the VW with the thule box...Might catch moedown too.
hillman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #46
Justin

More bands announced for moe.down 10,
still more to come... www.moedown.com
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #47
Justin

moe. finalized the lineup for moedown X!
www.moedown.com

Hope to see you there!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #48
Justin

Not this weekend, but next weekend!!!

www.moedown.com
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #49
ADKechoes73

Unhappy

i wish i could afford to go again this year
ADKechoes73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #50
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKechoes73 View Post
i wish i could afford to go again this year
Sell your bike!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #51
ADKechoes73

Quote:
Sell your bike!
haha no way I just finished building up all $1600 of it... took a year
ADKechoes73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #52
Justin

If you are unable to attend moe.down X, and would like to watch moe's live performances on Sat. & Sun, you can!

Right here: www.iclips.net

See ya' when I get back.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #53
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
If you are unable to attend moe.down X, and would like to watch moe's live performances on Sat. & Sun, you can!

See ya' when I get back.
Enjoy!!! I'm sorry I'm missing it...

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #54
looncry

Quote:

See ya' when I get back.
Have FUN,Justin Looncry
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #55
Justin

Made it back in one piece!

What an absolute friggin' fantastic time!!!

The whole weekend was the highlight for me!
Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Pics are HERE!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #56
looncry

Umphrey's Mcgee???? Ah! They are AWESOME! We have Jimmy Stewart 2007 collection of their best[Mulche's Odyssey.Utopian Fir,etc.] My son's liked the pics and plan on next year-Snow Ridge. Tx! Looncry
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #57
Wldrns

And of course this event is ALWAYS accompanied by stories like this. Last year a man from San Francisco died there.

Why is it so necessary for people who attend these events to engage in illicit activity? The Turin town judge is a personal friend of mine. Every year he looks forward to troopers bringing to him people in handcuffs for arraignments all through the night. He could write volumes of similar stories that don't make the newspapers. Keep the damn drugs out of my backyard!!!

Last edited by Wldrns; 09-09-2009 at 08:11 PM..
Wldrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #58
paddlewheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldrns View Post
And of course this event is ALWAYS accompanied by stories like this. Last year a man from San Francisco died there.

Why is it so necessary for people who attend these events to engage in illicit activity? The Turn town judge is a personal friend of mine. Every year he looks forward to troopers bringing to him people in handcuffs for arraignments all through the night. He could write volumes of similar stories that don't make the newspapers. Keep the damn drugs out of my backyard!!!
You know...I used to go to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival in Colorado alot...you always had your usual assortment of wack-jobs and small time oppurtunist dealers and trouble makers...but they are such a small miority...mostly what you had in Telluride and Turrin are just some really good people, having some fun listening to some really good music....the nit-wits will show up whereever there's a crowd....and they'll give your buddy the judge some job security...the town don't mind doing it, it's been going on 10 yrs. in row.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #59
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldrns View Post

Why is it so necessary for people who attend these events to engage in illicit activity? The Turin town judge is a personal friend of mine. Every year he looks forward to troopers bringing to him people in handcuffs for arraignments all through the night. He could write volumes of similar stories that don't make the newspapers. Keep the damn drugs out of my backyard!!!
All I can say is, I'm glad those losers got caught and got arrested! They give events like the moe.down a bad name for sure!

But thanks for trying to dig up some dirt on the moe.down anyway Paul!

Now, for some good news about the moe.down festival:
It has in fact been held at the same place for the past ten years, and every year it's great to hear from the local businesses that they love that it's time for the moe.down once again! The hotels and restaurants in Booneville benefit greatly, as do a few of the local grocery stores and gas stations.
And the folks at Snow Ridge have voiced their feelings on more than a couple occasions about how they love it when moe. comes to Turin every year!

Also, the first ever moe.down hair donation was a huge success!
363.25 inches of hair was donated to the "Pantene Beautiful Lengths" Charity.
That's kinda cool right?

Next, the "moe.down Charity Golf Outing" raised $3,950 this year to be split between the C-ville Little League, and the Port Leyden Little League!
The "moe.down Charity Golf Outing" has also raised more than $25,000 over the past six years!
That's definitely cool!

And, if that's not enough for you, A flat bed truck was needed to carry away all the school supplies and musical instruments that were donated over the weekend to help benefit the Lewis County School District!

It's all right here: www.moe.org/moedown/?c=230

And just for the record here again, I see the moe.down festival as a great get-away weekend to be with friends, do some camping, meet some new friends, run into old friends, listen to and watch some great music, do some hiking on the many trails up on the ridge, and have one hell of a good time and enjoy the weekend, period! That's what it's all about!
Sure there's a few of those people out there who make wrong decisions! Every concert has it's knuckleheads, just like certain areas in the Adirondacks attract a lot of 'knuckleheads' who leave their garbage behind!
It's all a real shame!
I'm glad that they'll get what they deserve, but it certainly does not mean that the whole festival is a bad thing!
Quite the opposite in my opinion!

moe.down is a great time!
Great music, good friends, good people, good food, good times...
...what more can you ask for!

Last edited by Justin; 09-14-2009 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #60
redshorts47
48NY/4VT/0NH/8ME 60/115NE

heard great things about Moe down. I live maybe a 5 min. drive away but I always seem to have other plans that weekend. Was going to man the beer tent the last 2 years but went hiking instead. too bad that this looks like the last Moe down festival at Snow Ridge as their 10 year contract has expired. Hopefully another contract will be renewed
redshorts47 is offline   Reply With Quote