Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > "By the Fireside"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #61
viewseeker
Wright 2-18-12

I hope to go next yr. If there is a next yr....
CL-50 #51
CATSKILLS 9/35
NPT--Complete 7-6-13

My Hiking Photos
viewseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #62
Justin

...That time of year again!

Anybody going this weekend?

New location at Gelston Castle Estate in Mohawk, NY....

...anyone know anything about this place?

www.moedown.com
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #63
Justin

Had another blast!
Some pics to share...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (132.6 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (81.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (125.8 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (45.3 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (66.5 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (100.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (93.2 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (79.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (32.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (94.3 KB, 180 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #64
bethfit

It's got a little" Woodstock" feel to it from the pictures. I like it- although I must admit we are not familiar with the music? Is it like an "all-star" band? Looks like the weather cooperated. Good stuff Justin.
bethfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #65
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethfit View Post
It's got a little" Woodstock" feel to it from the pictures. I like it- although I must admit we are not familiar with the music? Is it like an "all-star" band? Looks like the weather cooperated. Good stuff Justin.
Thanks Bethfit!

The moe.down is a 3 day music festival, one of three that is hosted by the band moe.
...Snoe.down & Summer Camp are the other two.
Moe.down is in it's eleventh year of existence, and I've been to all eleven.
There are many different bands that play throughout the weekend, and there has been some very good music that has been through there over the years.
A list of past line-ups can be seen HERE.

Highlights for me this past year were The Black Keys, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Ryan Montbleau, Turbine, and of course moe.

Sure, some moe.downers can get little too crazy for my liking, but it's always a lot of fun non the less....looking forward to next year.

Btw.... that's me, my sister, and my best friend in the last photo....good times!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #66
Justin

2011 bump

Anyone going this year?
A great line up this year...moe.down 12

Unfortunately after 11 straight years of attending, I'll be missing the moe.down festival for the first time this year.

Some family & friends and I will be heading to PJ20 in Wisconsin instead.

There's also a new movie coming out directed by Cameron Crowe about Pearl Jam and their 20 years together called "Pearl Jam Twenty."

...just in case anyone is interested.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #67
fishcane

would love to...

Dont do the festie thing anymore, It seems I run the other way these days! Guess Im old

I look more to the small winter shows to seek out acts(usually RRE, NRPS,etc...) Did the Levon Helm Ramble thing, that was sweeet...the lower key the better for me

Plus the fests all usually are paired down setlists and guest sit ins that never quite live up to the expectation(too much unkown?) soo, while the lineup looks awesome, Id rather wait and check all of em out on their own when they come around.

looks like the best lineup I have seen for that event tho

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau
fishcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #68
Justin

moe.down returns to Snow Ridge in Turin, NY this year!

...and changes it's dates to Aug. 10-12.
Line-up to be announced soon.

moe.down festival
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #69
Justin

Bump

2 weeks away!

Anyone else going?

moe.down festival
Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #70
ADKian

Not a fan at all, but I do have a large group of friends that go every year. I am more of a Wacken open air fest kind of person, if I could just find an excuse to tell the wife why I need to spend a ton of money to fly to Europe for a metal show. Hard enough trying to justify the money I spend on hammock and camping equipment.
ADKian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #71
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKian View Post
Not a fan at all, but I do have a large group of friends that go every year. I am more of a Wacken open air fest kind of person, if I could just find an excuse to tell the wife why I need to spend a ton of money to fly to Europe for a metal show. Hard enough trying to justify the money I spend on hammock and camping equipment.
Ah yes, Wacken!
...only 3 days away.
I'd love to make it to that someday too. That would be an awesome experience I'm sure!

I'll tell you, and everyone else who's never seen moe live before... if you ever get the chance, check them out.
My man Chuck Garvey hammers on guitar!
I'm a Rock and Roll kind of guy at heart, and these guys are great musicians and they put on a great show, not to mention one of the best music festival I've ever been to.

I'll post some pics when I get back again.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #72
ADKian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Ah yes, Wacken!
...only 3 days away.
I'd love to make it to that someday too. That would be an awesome experience I'm sure!

I'll tell you, and everyone else who's never seen moe live before... if you ever get the chance, check them out.
My man Chuck Garvey hammers on guitar!
I'm a Rock and Roll kind of guy at heart, and these guys are great musicians and they put on a great show, not to mention one of the best music festival I've ever been to.

I'll post some pics when I get back again.
I saw them once live. There is no argument that they are great musicians, I think it's a lot of the people that follow them that ruin it for me. I'm not really into Jam bands either but can for sure recognize good talent when I hear it. Point being I despise Phish but they are amazingly talented. I'm just a metal head at heart, doesn't mean I don't enjoy a ton of other types of music either though. I keep my mind open in all respects, even well beyond music. Hope you're enjoying yourself!!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #73
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKian View Post
I saw them once live. There is no argument that they are great musicians, I think it's a lot of the people that follow them that ruin it for me. I'm not really into Jam bands either but can for sure recognize good talent when I hear it. Point being I despise Phish but they are amazingly talented. I'm just a metal head at heart, doesn't mean I don't enjoy a ton of other types of music either though. I keep my mind open in all respects, even well beyond music. Hope you're enjoying yourself!!

Right on buddy.
...You too
and Happy birthday to you!
Looking forward to getting back out there with ya' soon!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #74
ADKian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Right on buddy.
...You too
and Happy birthday to you!
Looking forward to getting back out there with ya' soon!
Haha thanks I was hoping that me turning another year older would slip by unnoticed but you caught it. Definitely looking forward to getting out with ya again. Have fun at the down, be safe.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #75
snoeboarder

I might be there Sunday. I've listened to so much moe. over the past 7 years. While I can remember my excitement walking into the Turin venue for the 1st time, most of that is now gone. All hasn't been lost, just transferred, into a love for Phish. The 3-day run at SPAC was amazing, every show is for that matter. I never got into much jam before 2005, so I'll never forget moe., they were my first jam band love, lol. I do miss snoe.down... Lake Placid and Killington... damn those were some good times! Have fun and enjoy, I'm glad it's back in Turin.
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #76
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeboarder View Post
I might be there Sunday.
Cool!
My girlfriend and her friend are coming up on Sunday...my girlfriends B-Day.
Gonna try to get the "Happy Birthday Carrie" annoucment...we'll see.
If you do go, look for us and stop in for a beer.
I'll be with the same family and friends & have the same "Quest" cabin-tent and American Flag as you see in the photos in this thread.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #77
Justin

Had an awesome weekend!
It poured most of the morning on Friday on the drive up, but when we arrived at Snow Ridge around 10am the rain let up just enough for us to be able to set up camp before it started pouring again.
The weather was much better on Sat, and Sun it rained for only a little while during the afternoon.
Bands were awesome...great music all weekend!
Highlights for me were Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Kyle Hollingsworth Band, Aqueous, The Wood Brothers, Leroy Justice, North Mississippi Allstars Duo, and all 6 sets from moe.
A couple other highlights were when Grace Potter came out on stage with moe on Fri night in the pouring rain and together they played a cover of The Rolling Stone's "Give Me Shelter", and when Umphrey's McGee came out with moe on Sun night and together they played Pink Floyd's "Time."

Ran into a few old friends from past moe shows throughout the weekend, always great to see them there.
Good times were definitely had once again!
Another A+ moe.down for sure.
Can't wait for next year!

Some photos to share...

Our camp:

Grace Potter with moe:

main stage area:

North Mississippi Allstars Duo:

up on the mountain:

our new friend:

moe:

Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #78
Acke61
I like to hike

I have a friend who is crazy about moe. He actually won mayer of moe.down this year with "gold bond". I've never been to a show but it sounds like a hell of a time.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #79
h2obusgirl
Malissa

Wow...great memories! We were at our first moe.down (9), then 10, 11, 12. Missed last year due to the fact that we were in NYC getting off the Disney Cruise ship the day it started. But this year, we are excited to head back to Turin (we take 12 from Binghamton and the drive is perfect for our van and beautiful!!! We hate highway driving!). Gelston took at least 2 hrs off our drive, which was nice, but there's something about Snow Ridge that is nicer. We are always in the RV area with our VW Vanagon. We are heading up early to enjoy the daks for afew days and then have a room booked at Timberview Lodge just up the hill from Snow Ridge for Thursday night. Some years we go with our kids, some years we farm them out. This year they will be with us again. They are looking forward to it. The last time they came (11) my dad made them awesome costumes for the kids parade: Trent was the empire state building and Genny was the statue of liberty. They are both in the middle of the stage for 'New York City'. They had a blast. Walking through the campground all dressed up on the way to the kids tent was awesome....lots of people were coming up to them to tell them how cool they looked. Here's hoping for another great lineup this year!!!

Malissa
NE PA
VW Campaholic.
h2obusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #80
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2obusgirl View Post
Trent was the empire state building and Genny was the statue of liberty. They are both in the middle of the stage for 'New York City'.