Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper Saint Regis Lake North By via Keeses Mill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Saint Regis Lake North By via Keeses Mill?

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a launch into Upper Saint Regis Lake via Keeses Mill Rd. near the St. Regis Mountain trailhead?

We've paddled several times down the river from the launch by Black Pond into Lower Saint Regis, but are wondering about launching into North Bay or Spectacle Pond via the road that heads south from the mountain trailhead. Is anyone familiar with is area and is this possible?
    Last edited by dws12; 12-11-2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

You can get to upper via a carry off the Keese Mills road. about a 1/2mile carry. There is also a launch off from rt 30 that is off a short dirt road about a mile up from lake clear.

Comment

I had trouble following the Keese Mills carry, could you please explain it's route?

Comment

Carry to North Bay

We've done the carry from North Bay to Keese Mill Rd. a couple of times. I do not remember it being hard to follow but you do have to walk up and over a couple of pretty steep eskers. If you are coming from the parking lot on Keese Mill Rd. you would walk south on the dirt road and watch for trail markers on the left (east) side of the road. The carry is described in Paul Jamieson's North Flow.
        Last edited by Pat T; 12-11-2017, 10:02 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

carry

coming from the road I saw no markers at all. how far does it follow the private road?

Comment

Carry trail

From Keese Mill cross over the stream on the bridge and walk south along the dirt road about a half mile. As the road bears to the right the carry trail goes straight ahead up and over the esker. It is steep right from the road. I marked it myself last July with a piece of surveyor red ribbon. If you reach private property at Spectacle Ponds you have walked along the dirt road too far. It's not a bad carry all things considered. Good luck.

JCurtis

Comment

Working...
            X