Henderson Lake Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson Lake Report

Originally I was supposed to be hiking Mt. Washington today. I had to cancel my plans as Max was marching in the Maine Endwell homecoming parade on Saturday and I did not want to miss it. I love wa…
    Visit me at: www.adirondackjoe.wordpress.com
    Whats the matter Col. Sanders, Chicken!

Nice report. Besides the pictures, what caught my eye was the name of my high school. It was many years ago that I went there. Anyway, small world.
    Don

Comment

Hi Don

Thank you for the compliments... BTW which HS did you go to?

Joe

Comment

Nice story and pictures.
        Henderson is one of my favorite lakes. I've canoed it. Walked to Preston ponds from it. Best of all I like biking from Newcomb to it. Very pretty area.

Comment

Enjoyed your report, Joe.

Henderson is one of my favorite paddle destinations although I haven't been there recently. Has anyone scouted or stayed at the campsites besides the leanto?
          John

Comment

Spent a night at the site nearest the put in. I don't think anyone put much thought into that one. I'm not a fan of sites being located so far from the water. In my opinion they might as well drain the lake and have a good sized clearing with a view. I can't imagine what it would have been like during a rainy spell. I didn't check the other ones, but from what I've heard they're not worth the bother.

Comment

I had the same poor campsite experience and checked out all except for the lean-to. I understand locating them away from the shore, but they have no view of the water at all. The one by the putin, as I remember is even over a small hill from the shore.

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJoe View Post
                Thank you for the compliments... BTW which HS did you go to?

Joe
                Maine Endwell. Class of '73.
                Don

Comment

Campsites

Henderson is a great place to paddle as this was my first time. The campsites that we scouted are lacking. Yes I would want to be on the water. However IMO the lean-to is the nicest site but not right on the water.

Don my wife has been teaching at the HS 25 years now...

Joe

Comment

Look at how the leantos have been relocated at Spruce Lake and Stephens Pond, it's almost like there is a contest at the DEC,who can pick the worst spot

Comment

Working...
                    X