Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Town Disco 15 Square Stern

Hello all,

Kicking around ideas on my next fishing canoe.

In spite of it's weight I think this might be a good way to go,and one of the aspects I like is the ability to row the beast. I do have gas and electric motors for my fishing canoes but for some of my more off the beaten path solo adventures this might work.

40" width seems like there should be enough space for rowing but am curious if anyone has done this and your thoughts. Also, is there enough structural integrity so there isn't a ton of flex?

Interested in this or any other ideas out there regarding rowing. Not only is it good way to troll but it is good for my back, and at times I prefer it to paddling.

Thank you in advance!

Viking

Found some interesting tips on rowing that you may like.

-- Last Updated: Jun-22-10 7:21 AM EST -- i have an old town discovery 160k canoe that is setup with oar locks. can anyone recommend a rowing oar length for this canoe? distance between the oar locks is 40 inches. estimates i've calculated from other sources vary from 5 feet (which sounds way too short) to 6.5 feet. i've read that some people use 7 foot oars on canoes with only 38 inches between the oar locks but i don't know if that's something that should be followed. old town's website o...

Comment

Thank you aft paddle, that helps out.

I did some digging but you did a much better job than I did!

Viking

Comment

Working...
      X