Thirteenth Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOBBLER View Post
    I thought about posting a map... here it is.
    Cheater!

Comment

how accessable is the lake during the winter? has anyone seen anyone ice fishing on it during the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by JJF View Post
        how accessable is the lake during the winter? has anyone seen anyone ice fishing on it during the winter?
        There is a road to the north end of the lake, so you can drive right up to it. Having had a house on the lake for years, I don't remember anyone ever ice fishing in it. There are many x-country skiers there though.
        Martin

Comment

thanks martin...i checked the regs again and ice fishing isnt allowed. to bad there is some nice trout i that lake.

Comment

So . . . what was the light? Cliff hanger !!!!
            this will be my 10th summer on the water in the Daks since moving here from Oregon. I enjoy the ponds now as much as ever.

Comment

The light probably was from one of the camps or the group camp site at the entrance or the fact that 13th lake is just just a make beleive forever wild lake when it's really just an easy destination or a gateway to some much better travelin' backpacking interior spots...but there is mostly not much solitude in 13th for that kinda goal any time of year.

Comment

I've seen that light, not in a spot anyone can drive to. Forgot all about it till this thread popped back up.
                "Ahh! The old fishing hole... so peaceful and relaxing. Doesn't even matter if I catch a single fish -- ah! Come on you stupid fish, take the bait! Don't make me come down there!" -Homer Simpson

Comment

I take it no one has figured out what this light was (is) from??

Comment

I think there's a Sasquatch up there.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleCrag View Post
                      I think there's a Sasquatch up there.
                      Wood Devil?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know if there are any bathrooms around the campsites or picnic areas?

Comment

Originally posted by alex2777 View Post
                          Does anyone know if there are any bathrooms around the campsites or picnic areas?
                          I definitely remember there being the roomiest privy I have ever been in by the sites near the parking lot (it's handicap accessible).
                          CL50 #506
                          ADK 11/46

I Should Go Hiking...

Comment

Originally posted by alex2777 View Post
                            There are 2 accessible outhouses near the parking area + the backcountry campsites that I looked at have privies, not sure if all do.
                            https://www.facebook.com/adkpaddleski/

https://northeastwild.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X