Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Biking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
madmike

Fulton Chain Bikepacking

I have maps out, and I am looking a bike packing trip looping from Inlet to Raquette Lake via Uncas Rd. And the Seventh Lake Mountain connector trail.
Thoughts?
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I didn't reply sooner because I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable. I've never been on the 7th Lake Mountain trail. Uncas Rd. was fairly fast easy traveling except for the steep part at the Raquette Lake end which was made of what felt like beach sand, sprinkled liberally on the surface with rocks the shape and size of ice cubes. I walked up some of the hills because of those rocks. This was back in 2011 or 2012 so things may have changed. The Uncas section of the trip should only take a couple of hours at most, but there are lots of side trips you could take if you wanted to make it longer.
Zach
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
madmike

Thanks, the rain in the forecast might put me in the kayak this weekend, but when I work this out, I will write it up.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote