Share your Adirondack Animal Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife sightings/updates

These are simply incredible wildlife sightings all the way around. Really enjoying this entire thread. We are certainly all getting some great insight as to the type of wildlife we are all seeing in our backyards...
    The more wilderness in the Adirondacks, the better.

Comment

Cool meetup duct tape !! Only been that close to walking up on a bear once . He / She was enjoying the blueberry bush I was headed for around dusk one evening. About 20 feet ( seemed a lot closer ) it stood up on its hind legs to see what I was . We looked at each other for what seemed an eternity ( probably 4 or 5 seconds ) as I was frozen in place , eventually I said " BOO " and raised my arms up.
      Bear turned and disappeared in a bound and a half but sounded like a truck running into the woods at 100 mph with out the sounds of the motor.
      I decided that I really didn't want those blue berries so bad that evening and headed back to camp for my snacking Guess I was maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time .
      Phil

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Comment

Cute neighbor at camp a couple of years ago.

Phil

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Comment

Great photo Phil, I've seen about all the Adk. mtns. have to offer except a Pine Martin.
          Hoping someday to see one. Saw a doe and a pair of fawns near Lake Lila last Fri.Fawns were good size for late June.

Comment

Red fox on the South Shore of Cranberry yesterday.
            Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
            Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

Black bear crossing road Rt 8 near Piseco 4 days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Grey-Jay View Post
                Black bear crossing road Rt 8 near Piseco 4 days ago
                Fantastic... Bears are a great species

Comment

While not a fantastic fisher or a majestic moose, I saw this lovely little Luna hanging off of the Mt. Defiance pavilion on Thursday. Great view of Ft. Ticonderoga and Green Mts. from the top!
                  Attached Files
                  Tick Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by Tick Magnet View Post
                    While not a fantastic fisher or a majestic moose, I saw this lovely little Luna hanging off of the Mt. Defiance pavilion on Thursday. Great view of Ft. Ticonderoga and Green Mts. from the top!
                    Amazing moths...

Comment

This moth is wanted for destroying Tokyo several decades ago. Approach with caution!
                      "I don’t like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing, there’s too many fat children." -- C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Blue Mt Lake
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thayer187 View Post
                          Blue Mt Lake
                          Nice capture... always love to see Adirondack "healthy" Wildlife...Bears are always a personal favorite species - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Beaver video

I saw this guy on a hike up to MacNaughton Mtn on Aug 7th. He eventually stopped circling and gave me a stare down. Probably he, or she was concerned about my dog. They couldn't see each other, but I'm sure they caught each others scent.
                            This was at the 3rd pond beyond Scott pond.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
                            ~~Leave no trace~~

Comment

Originally posted by chairrock View Post
                              Red fox on the South Shore of Cranberry yesterday.
                              Said red fox,or a cousin ,was found dead last week. I wondered if it was sick when it was spotted roaming about during daylight hours.
                              Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
                              Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X