Animal Misidentification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Misidentification

Ok, so with all the rumors about lynx, mt lions and bigfoot, I wanted to share a story from last week.
    We were driving on 28N between Newcomb and North Creek, doing about 40 MPH, and pulling over so cars could pass and we could look at the scenery. Suddenly, a large animal darted across the road, too quick for my wife to get a pic, but long enough for both of us to get a good look. The animal was larger than our golden retriever, tan in color with the execption of a black tip on it's tail. My wife swore it was a bobcat or small mt lion. She changed the mt. lion to bobcat and swore it was a bobcat becuase she didn't see the prominent nose. I KNOW it was a coyote, because I saw the nose, head and bushy tail. She said the tail wasn't that bushy. This discussion continued until we got reliable cell service and were able to look up coyotes on the phone, and she conceded it was a 'yote.

A wife that was wrong? Inconceivable!
    "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

If a man is in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong??

Another example of how the internet has ruined everything...clearly upset the balance of power of the sexes!

Comment

The real mistake here is that he is publicly boasting about proving his wife wrong.

Comment

Note to self, remember not to post potentially negative things about my wife on Internet.
          I wasn't even thinking about it when I posted. My wife has more outdoors experience than me and has taught me everything I know about fishing. My point was that two people could see the same animal and each be 100% sure it was something different. Hence, all the cougar Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster sightings.

Comment

Originally posted by bassanglers912 View Post
            Note to self, remember not to post potentially negative things about my wife on Internet.
            I wasn't even thinking about it when I posted. My wife has more outdoors experience than me and has taught me everything I know about fishing. My point was that two people could see the same animal and each be 100% sure it was something different. Hence, all the cougar Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster sightings.
            Nice try at a comeback!
            A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin QAAD View Post
              Nice try at a comeback!
              I know. Its too late. I've even considerd taking the post down and rewriting it with reversed roles in the story. But, its too late for that too. My only savior is that she reads the forum and and knows the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by bassanglers912 View Post
                I know. Its too late. I've even considerd taking the post down and rewriting it with reversed roles in the story. But, its too late for that too. My only savior is that she reads the forum and and knows the truth!
                This is worthy of a call to Car Talk. Tommy and Ray are well suited to debate the merits of being right or surviving your marriage happily...
                Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

Once while driving thru Northern Ontario in the middle of 3 hour stretch of unbroken swamp and forest the wife says....did you see that horse back there?
                  Last edited by Gman; 10-05-2014, 12:41 AM.
                  Izaak Walton a great writer? He can't even spell COMPLETE.

Comment

Once we drove on Route 5/20 and noticed the advertised Whale Watch Festival. I tried to convince wife and sister-in-law that we should stop to see the whales at Seneca Lake.

Comment

Working...
                    X