Exporting track logs from base camp to lap top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting track logs from base camp to lap top

I have been creating track logs on my handheld gps. Once home I transfer them to garmin base camp, but have been unable to export to my laptop. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

One way would be to highlight the tracklog in the left pane (a single click does it) then click on File then Export Selection. Save it on your desktop or anywhere else you wish. The tracklog will become a just another file and will be "free" of Basecamp. You can upload it to Dropbox, email it to yourself etc.
    The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

select it, then export it from the menu...
      Attached Files

Comment

Mr Fire,
        I like to upload my GPS tracks to Google Earth, as well as to my NatGeo maps, and my Garmin maps. The tracks in Google Earth overlay nicely and I can get speed data too!
        I prefer the GE tracks over all of the others...

Comment

Well I see my attachment didn't take. Hmmm.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have tried all your helpful suggestions. I still cannot get an image to load and then be saved like a photo. Looks like I may have to contact garmin support.

Comment

John,
              From my NatGeo Topo program, I can save any screen image as a JPG file. From there, it can go anywhere, see below.

From my Garmin Mapsource, it's not quite that easy...I can print any screen image as an XPS, which can be interpreted by Microsoft xps viewer, or converted to a PDF.

Is that what you're trying to do? Just view the saved track on the map?
              Can't you just load the map software onto your laptop and then open the saved file (containing your tracks of interest)?

Comment

I have the same trouble using expertgps software. Many times I'll just take a photo of my screen when I have the track log up, then upload, crop, & enhance the photo. Voila...a GPS track image to share.

Comment

Justin, your idea of taking a photo and up loading to my trip photos is brilliant. All I want is photo of map and track to save with trip photos. Thank you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X