Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > Photography
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2005, 01:54 PM   #41
Kevin
**BANNED**

Here's a friendly spider I got last weekend...

Taken with my new-ish Pentax Optio SV 5MP 5x optical with super macro (which is what I used in the above shot). Also helps having a tiny tripod, though I didn't need it in the above shot.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM   #42
KevynJJ
Beer Drinkin' Mtn Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Here's a friendly spider I got last weekend....
Looks friendly!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:09 PM   #43
Kevin
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevynJJ
Looks friendly!
I tried to give him a hug but he went up the line .
Old 08-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #44
wildbrookies

Hey Adkremm,
We just got back from the Poconos last weekend.We cut the trip alittle shorter than expected and I could`nt find any fishable water anyway.We did make it to Cabelas.And it took one whole day.Even my wife thoroughly enjoyed the incredible Conservation Mountain with all the animals so artistically portayed around the mtn.Got some incredible deals on a pair of breathable waders, a chest pack and many other items....thanks again for all your help w/ info on trout streams and directions.. I still have the info and hopefully next year it won`t be 99 degrees and 100% humidity ....the poor trout were on respirators. ....maybe I can wet a line next year.and plan a longer trip.......did stop at Barley Creek Brewery and Pocono Mountain Brewery ,brought back some samples to try this weekend.... Thanks again for all the help...

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #45
wildbrookies

By the way Marzrw.....those are really cool walking sticks......where in the heck are their guts and vitals hidden....and whatta bout a brain...I can make out their eyes.....man they look like they`re from outer space or something.....

your bro,WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 08-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #46
adkdremn
Dreamin I'm there....the ADKS!

Wildbrookies-
Glad to hear you had a good time. That weather was pretty unbearable! Did you make it to the waterfalls, or was it too hot for that to?
Enjoy your brews! Don't think I've ever had anything from either of those breweries, let me know how they are! I'll have to check them out.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #47
wildbrookies

Adkdremn,

No, we did`nt try a waterfall hike.After talking to the manager at the front desk at our Hotel he told us its been a bad drought and by the looks of the streams ,we figured it would`nt be too good.Last year was a great year for viewing falls, so , maybe next year will be better.My daughter already confirmed w/ us shes interested in attending the I.G.C camp again.

And about the beer samples,I`ll have to let you know tomorrow,tonites the tasting night..... Can`t wait!!!

Thanks again Adkdremn, it was very nice of you to give me all that info....looking forward to going there next year....I would`nt mind a few more hotspots though. ...more towards.... say..... Mt. Pocono area maybe......one of these years I`ll have to actually cast a fly down there.... .

Thanks again...

wildbrookies :headbang:
Old 08-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #48
fvrwld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I tried to give him a hug but he went up the line .
Hmphh...he was so afraid of that spider
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #49
Kevin
**BANNED**

Here's a hybrid/mixed fly we saw while sitting at the Slant Rock lean-to last weekend (same camera as in previously posted shot and also using the super macro feature):

Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #50
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

Kevin, those are some nice pics.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #51
kwc
loser

dragonfly

Canadian dragonfly ... or at least a Nova Scotian one. As the pic was taken at Balmoral Mill, perhaps it's a Scottish-Canadian dragonfly.

(taken with a digital camera)

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.
kwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #52
wildbrookies

Very Nice!!!!Kind of a more daintier version, with beautiful red ruby eyes!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: Interesting background

Thanks for sharing your photos w/ us.....

WB
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #53
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Bee (?), taken a few feet away with full zoom (12x), autofocus, and flash:

Without the flash, despite the sunlight and stationary subject, the shot came out blurry:

I miss the ''summer'' dragonfly! I ''brought up'' this old thread for the sheer joy of sharing an amazing creature. Looncry
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #54
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

a hitch hiker we picked up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1926cropped.jpg (76.7 KB, 63 views)
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #55
Greeneyezz
Syracuse OranZZe ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oheuston View Post
I usually use a tripod to get good results. The first was taken with my old point and shoot digital years ago in macro mode. The second was taken with my Nikon D70.

That is an INCREDIBLE catch!! Every detail of the very wispy delicate wings is shown. I actually found a beautiful 3D dragonfly Tatt that I plan on having put on my back left shoulderblade. (My first & only one!)
So yes... I'm partial to dragonflys.

Beautiful photo Heuston!

~ZZ

(Click on Greeneyezz)

"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer
Greeneyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #56
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by oheuston View Post
I usually use a tripod to get good results. The first was taken with my old point and shoot digital years ago in macro mode. The second was taken with my Nikon D70.

on my desktop! Yea,I laugh at myself when I bring up old threads,since no one else here does. Looncry
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #57
fvrwld

An unfortunate dragonfly being consumed by a tree swallow...

Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #58
bethfit

Just along for the ride.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0691.jpg (80.9 KB, 13 views)
bethfit is offline   Reply With Quote