Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Stillhunter

Brookie pond surface temps?

Have any of you pond regulars been out? Was wondering what the surface temps are at now? Any temp updates would be appreciated.

Thinking about heading up sometime in the next week or two. I looked back through some old posts and photos and got all worked up. Vt, Glen, Upstate, WB, Gmorin71, and others... inspiring for sure. Old photos never grow old.

Thanks in advance for temp updates.

Last edited by Stillhunter; 09-20-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
Green Drake

Temps are in the high 50s to low 60s depending on elevation. Might come up a bit this weekend with the warm weather. It's pretty perfect out there right now. Good luck!
Green Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Pauly D.

Mid 60s where I've been.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
Stillhunter

Thanks guys... sounds good. Early week cold front should push it down a couple degrees more. Now I have to make it happen.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
Justin
Moving along

70-72 in the Pharaohs yesterday.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #6
gmorin71

I'll take the inclusion in that list but I dono, those guys have some experience on me haha.

I have been putting it off because even though the overnights have been low, lack of rain and many days of high unimpeded overhead sun probably are slowing the cool. This coming weekend I plan on making my first trip out. I gotta break out the ODC as my trinity is out for repair but that wont stop me.

Lee Wulff
gmorin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:19 PM   #7
Stillhunter

Fished a pond in the West Canada Wilderness yesterday (Friday 10/4). First time out this year for brookies. Great to be back in the north country. Packed in my float tube and by the time I got all pumped up and in the water it was early afternoon. Fished from 1 to 6:30 and hiked out in the dark. This outing reminded me that I am not in the kind of shape I used to be in.
Caught 2 very colorful brookies about 12 to 13 inches. Had 3 others of similar size on for a while before they managed to get off. Had one strike from a fish that never hooked up but the strike was more powerful. All fish hit a black bead head wooly bugger with some tinsel in it. Great way to end my fishing season and make the transition to hunting.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
geogymn

Went in to a remote lake in the Park (Herkimer County) and stayed a couple nights solo.
Fished quite a bit. Albeit from shore and I'm not much of a fisherman.
Friday got skunked. Saturday caught one 8" Brookie in the early morning. Another spit the hook just as I was landing it, and also two followers. All appeared to be small (stockies?).
Gorgeous sunny day brought all action to a stop.
That evening, as soon as the sun disappeared below the ridge the fish started to move. I had about 15 followers within 20 mins. but could not entice them to bite, including two nice size ones. Didn't land a one.
Caught one this morning along with a couple of followers. This fish was caught with a bronze Phoebe. All the other action of the previous days was caused by a red/white spoon (Daredevil).