Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #21
chriswebb

Not sure why they are taking so long to make anything available. At this point though I am personally beginning to lose interest in this video.
chriswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #22
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebb View Post
Not sure why they are taking so long to make anything available. At this point though I am personally beginning to lose interest in this video.
Don't give up. The film is great!

Don't know what to say about PBS...too busy with fund raising and politics...?
TCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #23
gebbyfish

Just e-mailed Mountain Lake PBS, whom I think we were all under the impression was in control of the movie's release and they threw American Public Television under the bus as the rate limiting factor! Grrrrr.......
gebbyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #24
gebbyfish

for the interested. The latest info from WCNY:

Broadcast and sale of copies of the 46ers are on hold as the producers work with WCNY for a hopeful national distribution of the program. If and when all the details are worked out, the program will be offered to all PBS stations to broadcast and copies will be available for purchase. I’m told there will likely not be any more news on this until late winter/early spring.
Feel free to check back with me in early March for any additional news.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #25
Redbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebbyfish View Post
for the interested. The latest info from WCNY:

Broadcast and sale of copies of the 46ers are on hold as the producers work with WCNY for a hopeful national distribution of the program. If and when all the details are worked out, the program will be offered to all PBS stations to broadcast and copies will be available for purchase. Iím told there will likely not be any more news on this until late winter/early spring.
Feel free to check back with me in early March for any additional news.
Thanks for keeping this alive. While I haven't lost interest, I've been hoping (and patiently waiting) for news that the film would be distributed to a larger audience.
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #26
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
Thanks for keeping this alive. While I haven't lost interest, I've been hoping (and patiently waiting) for news that the film would be distributed to a larger audience.

I SOOOOOO want a copy. For now, I have to sate myself with the soundtrack, which is actually pretty good!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #27
Billman

Does anyone own a copy of this? I have been trying to get a copy to show my Outdoor Education class. this is the second year that pbs is giving me the runaround. If anyone would like to help me show this in a public school setting please pm me.
thanks
Billman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #28
Redbeard

Quote:
I SOOOOOO want a copy. For now, I have to sate myself with the soundtrack, which is actually pretty good!
Where can you find the soundtrack?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #29
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
Where can you find the soundtrack?
I bought it at a showing of the movie in North Creek. Not sure if you can still get it.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:26 PM   #30
Redbeard

Quote:
I bought it at a showing of the movie in North Creek. Not sure if you can still get it.
http://www.the46ersfilm.com/music/#thescore

Looks like it can still be purchased directly from the website for the film

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #31
Redbeard

SOME GREAT NEWS REGARDING THE FILM!!!
http://www.wcny.org/television/46ers/
Will air on WCNY November 13, 2017
For those outside of the viewing area (like me) pre-sale DVDs will be available to the public.

Stoked for this!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #32
gebbyfish

Presale DVDs may not be sent before November 13 according to someone on the Aspiring 46er FB page. Seems like membership just guarantees your place in line, but not delivery before November 13th and if you're not in their viewership area, I equate the membership requirement for the presale as extortion. November 13th is two years after the movie was shown! Unreal!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #33
Hoser

Unhappy Disappointed

I am very disappointed by this news. November release, only if you are a member, and the cost is $25 plus tax and shipping. Turns from artistic release to all about cash. Welcome to America.

At this point I can only be hopeful NetFlix picks it up, rather than $30+ someday.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
I am very disappointed by this news. November release, only if you are a member, and the cost is $25 plus tax and shipping. Turns from artistic release to all about cash. Welcome to America.

At this point I can only be hopeful NetFlix picks it up, rather than $30+ someday.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is disappointed.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #35
Trail Boss

Quote:
... November 13th is two years after the movie was shown! Unreal!
I've heard of "Development Hell" but this sounds like "Distribution hell"!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #36
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
I've heard of "Development Hell" but this sounds like "Distribution hell"!

It's pretty sad.

I know the filmmakers are upset about it, but once they signed it over to PBS, they lost all control.

Wish I had known about the crowd funding effort when this was getting started and I would have a copy already.

PBS is ignoring all complaints on their FB page.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #37
Redbeard

Sheesh. My excitement was simply about the film being available to those (like me) who are outside of NY. I sure do understand everyone's sentiments, which are valid - but wasn't the filmmakers intent to bring light to this amazing place and to share the captivating stories that those who walk amongst her beauty experience and ultimately share?

If they (filmmakers) didn't want a mass distribution, what was their intent?

From what I understand they were shopping a distributor, were they not?

I figured the delay in getting the film to a broader audience was just that - a matter of distribution. PBS seems to be that missing link; albeit not to the satisfaction of all.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #38
Trail Boss

I'm no expert but it would seem prudent to ensure the contract included some expectation of performance. In other words, the film must be distributed to X outlets and shown Y times within Z weeks or months.

Here's a real-life example. Canadian broadcasters buy exclusive rights to distribute American TV shows. Some of them have not bothered to distribute the shows via their streaming services (even though they have the right to do so). The talk is now to enforce a "use or lose it" stance. If you're not going to stream it then you forfeit this right and it can be acquired by someone else.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...e-it-1.4003319
Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #39
JohnnyVirgil

If only someone had access to a portable version of this moving picture on some sort of storage medium, and the technology to somehow "copy" the contents onto a futuristic computing machine which could transfer that copy over cables to other people. But that sounds impossible with the computing machines of today. And probably illegal.
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #40
l33tHoneyBadger

I have been waiting for this to come out for forever. I'm not certain on the whole history of the film but I assume PBS ponied up a chunk of cash for this film. So basically they can release it whenever they want. Many film makers do this without realizing this could happen. Even in Hollywood. Christopher Walken has a film completed and ready to go in theaters. It will never be released and was only seen once at a film festival by just some Hollywood stars. The funding studio put the kibosh on it and so there it sits. So ridiculous.
Tupper Lake Triad: #23 WSD & #405 SSD
Saranac 6er: 3/6

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uphillbothways/
l33tHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote