just emailed you the pic

Comment

Originally posted by jmg343 View Post
      just emailed you the pic
      Pic posted on behalf of jmg343:

My YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by mgc View Post
        On Paragon Drive off of Shepard Road on the West side. The cat appeared in a field behind Superior Tech., wallked along the top of a drain to the SE, turned briefly towards the Hover-Davis building and then crossed into the narrow stretch of woods adjacent to 531. We lost sight of it after it went through the fence.
        I'll never forget a news report and video about a cop (in his own words) on night patrol who thought he saw a black panther in a field edge where his headlights were shining. he shot and killed the 'black panther' with his rifle. it turned out to be a black housecat and this made the internet news.

in another case I viewed a pic of a hunter with a dead gray fox (about the size of a housecat) in the foreground who the hunter said was an eastern coyote (aka coywolf).

I believe anything's possible when it comes to unusual wildlife appearing where they've been extirpated for many years or where they've never naturally lived as in exotics.

still, i'm interested in any reports of unusual wildlife siting's especially if a good photo is available.
        Give a man/woman or child a fish or meat and feed them for a day. Teach them how to fish or hunt and feed them for a lifetime - and they'll never forget you.

My photos cannot be used without my written permission.

Comment

Originally posted by bioguide View Post
          Pic posted on behalf of jmg343:

please post a better pic if one is available. imho it looks like a bobcat.
          Give a man/woman or child a fish or meat and feed them for a day. Teach them how to fish or hunt and feed them for a lifetime - and they'll never forget you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk View Post
            This is the original size I received from jmg343 but I've asked him to send the original. He said he would. I'm just waiting on it.
            My YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by bioguide View Post
              This is the original size I received from jmg343 but I've asked him to send the original. He said he would. I'm just waiting on it.

I tried to. I even tried to resize it. I'm not too savvy with the computer, so it no worky. IMO the legs are way too long to be a bobcat, there is no spotting or marking on the fur, like all of the bobcats I have seen and the two that I have mounted. Its tough to see, but there is a long tail on this cat. And also the black on the backsides of the legs down near the paws. Also, it doesnt look like it has the same gait as the bobcats I have seen walking through the woods. Im no expert, but me thinks big kitty.

Comment

I'll never forget a news report and video about a cop (in his own words) on night patrol who thought he saw a black panther in a field edge where his headlights were shining. he shot and killed the 'black panther' with his rifle. it turned out to be a black housecat and this made the internet news.

in another case I viewed a pic of a hunter with a dead gray fox (about the size of a housecat) in the foreground who the hunter said was an eastern coyote (aka coywolf).

I believe anything's possible when it comes to unusual wildlife appearing where they've been extirpated for many years or where they've never naturally lived as in exotics.

still, i'm interested in any reports of unusual wildlife siting's especially if a good photo is available.
                Schwing....as expected.
                Sitings with a gh............

Interestingly, I mentioned this Rochester sighting to a colleague who lives in Oquaga Lake fully expecting the expected reaction....he said that his neighbor (a highly regarded local business owner) and his son had told him of seeing a similar large black cat in their driveway at Oquaga Lake 4 days before we saw the one here. With a head the size of a small bowling ball and a tail that is almost three feet long, it's hard to mistake for a house cat..especially if it's seen in broad daylight with binoculars at 120 yards.

Cheers

Comment

I have seen bobcat up close and personal. I have never seen one with a tail like that.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Fisheater View Post
                      I have seen bobcat up close and personal. I have never seen one with a tail like that.
                      with poor resolution the tail is difficult to see clearly.
                      the eyes play tricks.
                      what I don't see is a large diameter and long mountain lion tail.

I've also observed a bobcat everyday for years when I had one as a pet with permission from the local health department and dec. tail lengths can vary.

where was the tcam pic taken and did jmg take the pic or did someone else?
                      perhaps there's a better pic available from jmg.

Comment

Im not too computer savy, I have tried to send the pic to another member here after trying to resize it, adjust resolution, etc. I didnt make any improvements. The picture was taken in Carmel, NY. The trail cam is not mine, per se, but it is that of a close friend and hunting buddy. I'm very familiar with the cam and with the property the camera is on. I have checked it several times in the past 3 years with him and for him. I see the tail and Im pretty certain that its not a bobcat, but Im sure you can find a picture or two of a sasquatch out there as well. So...

Comment

There was a mountain lion killed by a car less than 20 miles from where this picture was taken. That was in 2011. It was a confirmed wild mtn lion, born in South Dakota according to DNA analysis. So, take that for what its worth as well. Here's the link to that incident:

Comment

Originally posted by samsbud
                            spoke to many a land owner in the lower Lake Champlain Valley between Whitehall and Ticonderoga that spotted one on a regular basis for a year back [/url]
                            I'm far from 100% affirmative on "reported" ADK area Mt. Lion sightings. But I've been shown a few very convincing photos that the sources said were from the Dresdon area in Washington County and also the farm country of Fulton County.
                            Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

I'm not convinced that there is a resident lion population in the Adirondacks (transients are another matter all together that I think is possible, if not outright likely).

People have gotten grainy pictures of these supposed lions, but no one has ever gotten a clear, definitive shot of one, and more importantly none of these amateur sightings have been corroborated by scat or track analysis. I know these are stealthy animals, but they still leave some indications of their presence.

Comment

I'm pretty sure based on the evidence that there is not a breeding population here. But there are most certainly transients, and probably some escaped ill-conceived "pets." The one transient has been well documented, so no doubt it was seen by many people. I think that many folks have seen these animals here (I know I have). And I think folks are done a disservice when people call them stupid, or suggest that they are hallucinating, for having seen these. No, it wasn't a Golden Retriever.

Comment

Working...
                                X