Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADK Fire Tower Challenge update

Greetings Fire Tower mountain hikers!
    I'm working on the 2nd edition of Jack Freeman's book "Views from on High". If you use the book and find anything in error or changed (of which we at ADK know on some trails much as changed), please let me know. A new feature of the 2nd edition will be GPS coordinates for the trailheads and summits. If you collect this information and don't mind sharing, I can use your data to confirm what has already been captured and I will include you in the book's acknowledgements. Send me an email with information and / or your comments: wilderness@adk-gfs.org

Spruce Mountain update (June 8, 2015): Spruce is still not legally open for public access, however, DEC has approved and signed the trail agreement. The next step will be a trail reroute to be done by DEC in Warrensburg. I'll post with more information as it becomes available. Be patient; Spruce Mountain will be back in the Fire Tower Challenge soon.

We don't have a publication date for the new edition of "Views from on High", but it will be posted when known.

Spruce Mountain has a new hiking trail. Yay! http://cnyhiking.com/SpruceMountain.htm
    46R #5621 -- NE111 #627 -- CL50 #343 -- Firetowers Quest 28/28 -- Welsh 3000s -- working on TO54, NPT

Comment

Working...
    X