No announcement yet.

Firetower Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I have done 11. We just did Blue and Bald this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgeman View Post
      ...I want to go up it to see if my name is still in the cab.
      I certainly hope not. I cannot understand why people think it is alright to write or worse carve there name, initials or anything else into a historic structure, especially when volunteer groups work hard on restoration and maintenance.
      "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
      Ed Viesturs

Comment

For anyone doing or considering the FTC, "Views from on High" is the bible.
        ADKHP: 46/46 34W
        Catskill 3500: #2281 10W
        FTC: 28/29(+3)
        SL6er: Winter Ultra #8

“You're off to Great Places!
        Today is your day!
        Your mountain is waiting,
        So... get on your way!”
        ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Comment

Update!

Originally posted by future46er View Post
          Just completed the Saranac Lake 6er Challenge and have begun the ADK and Catskill Firetowers- total of 3 thus far! Onward and upward!
          Now have completed all the Catskill towers and have 3 of the ADK towers.
          Hurricane is a "not-to-be missed" gem!
          "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

ADK High Peaks-23/46
          Saranac Lake 6er # 806
          Catskill 3500 - 10/35
          ADK Firetower Challenge - 18/23

Comment

Stillwater Mountain Fire Tower on the Big Moose Rd. between Stillwater Reservoir and Big Moose Lake will be added to the Fire Tower Challenge when it's renovation is completed next summer. Friends of Stillwater Fire Tower will make it all possible. Work weekends scheduled 9/26-27, 10/3-4/15. Contact FSFT@frontier.com, or "LIKE" on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by adkjack View Post
              I certainly hope not. I cannot understand why people think it is alright to write or worse carve there name, initials or anything else into a historic structure, especially when volunteer groups work hard on restoration and maintenance.
              When you're a young kid without parental guidance otherwise, that's when stuff like that happens. I have taught my children to respect firetowers, lean to's and other public structures.

Comment

Working...
              X